Y-Wing and Proton Torpedos

By along, in X-Wing Rules Questions

I am a little confused about the Y-Wing and equipping it with two proton torpedo's. So do you basically attack twice to the same target locked ship?

No. You just have another torpedo to use.

don't forget that protons are one-shot weapons, when you fire it…it's discarded. Multiple protons allow you to fire another one later.

bullyboy said:

don't forget that protons are one-shot weapons, when you fire it…it's discarded. Multiple protons allow you to fire another one later.

No, you do not discard Proton Torpedoes after use. Where did you get that idea?

DagobahDave said:

bullyboy said:

You should probably read the card before you post about it.

Torps and rockets are one time use.

DagobahDave said:

bullyboy said:

DagobahDave said:

bullyboy said:

I laughed outloud at your sense of sarcasm, but I realize others may think you were being serious. bullyboy is absolutely right: it says on the Proton Torpedoes card: "Spend your target lock and discard this card to perform this attack."

EDIT: I guess DagobahDave is right, too.

No, bullboy's right. I totally missed that.

Everybody I play with missed it. Oh boy.

Ha! I got trolled by degobahdave. Well done sir.

No, we honestly have been playing missiles wrong.

I think I read the activation cost for Proton Torpedoes once , and it only registered that you're supposed to remove the target lock. I don't think I've read the activation cost of a missile upgrade since then, only the damage effects. My mistake, totally.

Actually, our mistake. My group has been firing off a few more missiles than we should have, and none of us had noticed the error until now.

Oh, right on. Ya, repeat firing torpedoes would be OP as hell.

I've only got about eight of those darn cards. You'd think someone -- me especially -- would've read the activation cost again at some point!

serio.gif

But you can only equip X-wings which have a single Proton Torpedo watermelon icon on the card with a SINGLE proton torp, right?

magadizer said:

But you can only equip X-wings which have a single Proton Torpedo watermelon icon on the card with a SINGLE proton torp, right?

Right.

Roy

magadizer said:

Y-Wings can have 2 torpedoes.

DagobahDave said:

I've only got about eight of those darn cards. You'd think someone -- me especially -- would've read the activation cost again at some point!

serio.gif

Oh my, how did you deal with Y-wing's double proton torpedoes then? Were they able to fire both torps at the same time each and every round? Coz' that would have been awesome! (but insanely OP though)

No one's doubled up on torpedoes with the Y-Wing yet.

Aw. :(