Need help guys!

By Thirroxin, in Rules Discussions

If a dar deck plays a parasite cage and absorbs a friend against a dark deck, can the dark deck play another friend of the same name persay the efect of riku or ansem, which states that they can play MULTIPLES of the same card?

EX.

Player 1 sucks up player 2's wizard via parasite cage

can player 2 play another wizard or must he rid the parasite first?

If a dark deck plays a parasite cage and abosrbs a friend, can they challenge you then pump with said parasite cage, thus killing your friend? Or do you get the said friend card back after the parasite is used for a pump?

I recently watched 2 dark decks playing and an interesting scenario occured, one of the players had all but 3 cards in his deck on the feild, does he lose the game since he cannot meet the requirement of drawing until you have six, or does it just let him have all his deck on the feild and just not draw every turn?

Thanks guys!

-Thirroxin

Thirroxin said:

If a dar deck plays a parasite cage and absorbs a friend against a dark deck, can the dark deck play another friend of the same name persay the efect of riku or ansem, which states that they can play MULTIPLES of the same card?

EX.

Player 1 sucks up player 2's wizard via parasite cage

can player 2 play another wizard or must he rid the parasite first?

If a dark deck plays a parasite cage and abosrbs a friend, can they challenge you then pump with said parasite cage, thus killing your friend? Or do you get the said friend card back after the parasite is used for a pump?

I recently watched 2 dark decks playing and an interesting scenario occured, one of the players had all but 3 cards in his deck on the feild, does he lose the game since he cannot meet the requirement of drawing until you have six, or does it just let him have all his deck on the feild and just not draw every turn?

Thanks guys!

-Thirroxin

All rules with Cage's effect are the same as Dark or Friend.

so, you can play multiples because of Dark Riku's and Ansem's effect. using him in a challenge will kill the attached friend, as for the recycle, when you're out of cards no matter when and you need to draw you reshuffle your discard pile and then draw to meet the requirement.

If you pump with the cage, or kill a cage with beast or herc, does the friend get placed in the owners dicard pile, or does it stay removed from the game?

So you lose if you cant draw? I coldnt make sense of the answer, sorry. he had 1 card in hi deck, 2 cards in the dicard, no cards in hand. He shuffled his discard to his deck, making a 3 card deck, then drew as many as he could, meaning 3. Does he lose since he cant draw six? Sorry,m its confusing but would help to know.

Thirroxin said:

If you pump with the cage, or kill a cage with beast or herc, does the friend get placed in the owners dicard pile, or does it stay removed from the game?

So you lose if you cant draw? I coldnt make sense of the answer, sorry. he had 1 card in hi deck, 2 cards in the dicard, no cards in hand. He shuffled his discard to his deck, making a 3 card deck, then drew as many as he could, meaning 3. Does he lose since he cant draw six? Sorry,m its confusing but would help to know.

The friend goes to the discard pile.

If you can not draw, you shuffle your discard pile and it becomes you're new deck.

your not realy clear there, he said if all there deck is on the feild and they only have 3 cards left do you loose because you cant draw the aloted cards from your deck if you dont have them.

like this if i play 45 cards in my dark deck and i have 43 of them on the feild and i have 2 cards left in my deck would i loose the game because i 0 cards to get in general.

wishmaster said:

your not realy clear there, he said if all there deck is on the feild and they only have 3 cards left do you loose because you cant draw the aloted cards from your deck if you dont have them.

like this if i play 45 cards in my dark deck and i have 43 of them on the feild and i have left in my deck would i loose the game because i 0 cards to get in general.

I said no. you shuffle your discard pile and draw from the recycled deck.

your not understanding the question im asking if i have 0 cards and 43 of my 45 cards on the feild and i draw my last 2 would i loose, im saying if you dont have any cards in your discard pile at all, your last 2 where in your deck from a old reshuffle.

wishmaster said:

your not understanding the question im asking if i have 0 cards and 43 of my 45 cards on the feild and i draw my last 2 would i loose, im saying if you dont have any cards in your discard pile at all, your last 2 where in your deck from a old reshuffle.

you just dont draw...but I doubt that you'd ever have no cards in your discard pile.

i didnt but it happend today and the tournament i play at. i was wondering what would happen if it happens again, would you loose or not, if you dont know email jaffar and redirect him to this thread and have him answer this question please.

You cannot lose by deck out in this game, so it would make sense that you would not lose by having no deck. You would just have all your cards on the field. The next time you have a discard pile, it just becomes your new deck.

Henry1245 said:

You cannot lose by deck out in this game, so it would make sense that you would not lose by having no deck. You would just have all your cards on the field. The next time you have a discard pile, it just becomes your new deck.

I approve of this answer.

*FFG/old moderator STAMP*

Agreed. thats what i believe as well, but a friend of mine was saying you lose the game if you have no cards to draw, and it didn;t make sense to me. Either way, i guess I will have to ask Jaffer for an official statement. Anyone know how to reach jaffer by chance?

Uh, even in the rulebook, it states that you shuffle your discard 'n make a deck outta it. Heck, to quote:

"If a player draws the last card in his/her deck during this phase (this is under the draw phase section), his/her discard pile is shuffled and placed facedown in the Deck area of his/her play mat. Continue drawing cards if necessary."

I believe the part that makes sense out of your question would be the 'continue drawing cards if necessary' part. If you can draw cards durin your draw phase, then draw them. If not, then don't. Plain 'n simple.

Thirroxin said:

Agreed. thats what i believe as well, but a friend of mine was saying you lose the game if you have no cards to draw, and it didn;t make sense to me. Either way, i guess I will have to ask Jaffer for an official statement. Anyone know how to reach jaffer by chance?

I'm not official?

Official by my book :D

Didnt mean an offense, but my friend will not ease off my case until it is said by jaffer himself. He takes card games way too seriously, and that is why i switched from playing to collecting. Due to the fact of people playing this WAY too seriously. Theres a point between playing competitively, but if you lose you dont have to be all mad about it. Its happened a lot lately, so i just want to be able to show him Jaffer said it, In my book if either Roxas or Roxas_Lawliet says it, its official too me, but not to a few people at the local shop.

At the shop im considered kind of a Judge, but every time i help with a ruling, i get argued by "Well this card specifically says this" or "Thats not how this works". It just seems that no matter how much i offer my judgement, i get shafted in the end because people argue the rules. They wont see to reason that there are no ACTUAL rules to this game aside from the ones in the Comprehensive thread, and they refuse to print them out for some reason. I'm sorry, i dont mean too rant, i would love to play in tourneys again, but it will be a while, once people ease down the tension, i will again. Until then im just there to judgge sort of. Thats why I ask all these questions, so i can answer them with a ruling later, I do appreciate the help ny the way guys, All of you!

+REP to all who posted above this!!!!

you're fortunate to have a place to play competitively. My area has only collectors sparsely distributed in at least a fifty mile radius. And one shop that still sells the game. I'd like to start something there though, as you did.

I wish you luck in the effort of gathering people to play! Does this shop hold tournaments for any other TCG's? If so, just go up on a few days a week during other card tourneys and showbout Kingdom Hearts! Thats what I did! gui%C3%B1o.gif

I even uilt 2 noob friendly decks to help them learn how to play. So i could teach people to play and i even converted the "HOW TO PLAY" DVD from the starter deck and put it on my PSP. That way if they wanted, they could watch the HTP video if they couldnt actually play at the time. It ttok about a month, but now we have a pretty big size crowd for the Kingdm Hearts Tournements! Every Saturday!

i would like a offical ruling on this but it will work for nowi guess

wishmaster said:

i would like a offical ruling on this but it will work for nowi guess

I do have the authority to make Rulings along with Trothael, WaytotheDawn and Gopho, but being staff and with Jaffer super busy planning some stuff. the ruling I agreed with on the first page is official.

0_o

Your an official?

Awesome!!! gran_risa.gif

So its official then!!!

Any objections will face the wrath of me punching your colon!

PS

i didnt mean offense at all Lawliet, I just didnt know you were an official, lol, i dont think me and Mr. Dawn are on good terms anymore, he seemed really upset in the old thread i talked to him in. sad.gif