Winterfell Rookery

By FuriousG, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

I've really been trying to wrap my mind around these rookery cards, and a desire to build a stark winter deck (as an aside, I keep getting waylaid because the group I play with runs ITE block on, and a stalwart defender deck seems to be more viable).

That being said, are any stark players running these? And if so, in what capacity. I haven't been able to come up with any real incentive to play a plot swapping mechanic, and am curious as to what those who are running it use as plots.

just some ideas as i don't really run it (using standard as a baseline).

Use a high initative or high gold plot, pick opponet to go first, swap to a high claim plot.

Swap to a search plot or bounty

Swap to reset (if you went first) or snowed under after they knelt a really good character.

going second swap into after the mummer's ford (especially with ITE eddard)

I only run the Qartheen Rookery, because I think its easiest to trigger. That being said, I love switching into a Wildfire Assault before I go on a military challenge. Reducing the field down to three characters after Marshalling, as opposed to before Marshalling, makes all the difference...

You could also switch into a Valar, if you're feeling saucy...

Jim has the right of it... and the plot swapping actually works pretty well with a stalwart theme because since you are losing a military challenge to activiate it you dup a stalwart character swap plots and then go to town. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust my Dire-Wolf /Stalwart deck into a plot-switching sub-theme.