'Till Death Do Us Part no win situation(?) Any advice please?

By nathrotep, in Mansions of Madness Print on Demand Expansions

We were playing 1C. The objective reads, "The keeper wins if the shoggoth kills an investigator while this card is revealed, or if the last Event card is drawn." "The investigators win if they escape the map from the patio or any tile on the Upper Floor." So, everyone got out except one player, who was killed by a zombie, not by the shoggoth. He was killed after the objective card was revealed but before the last event card was drawn. Basically, everyone else but him got out. I want to know if that would be considered a draw or what? The shoggoth didn't kill him, but if you look at it the other way, why would he even have to get out alive if he doesn't have to? Once the other players left, he could just die as long as he doesn't get killed by the shoggoth. The objective card does not say 'all' players have to get out alive, so we're confused. Anyone got an answer to this? Thanks!

Yep, it's a draw. Similar situation can occur at least in Inner Sanctum where there is another all investigators must escape and also House of Lynch I think.

Thanks! That's what we thought, but then it also could have been a misprint on the Objective card, so we thought we'd ask. If the card would have said 'all' players must escape, then I would have won. (I was the monsters).