Amused by 1st game miscue.

By Scottimusrex, in X-Wing Battle Reports

My friend had Vader pointed toward the nearest side of the table. I was able to keep hitting with the ion cannon til he was a few inches from flying off before he got out of range. Next turn he did a 3 right hand turn to get parallel to the edge. The next turn he mistakenly did a 2 LEFT hand turn and flew off the edge. We laughed made a dozen "spinning" jokes. I can't make fun of him too much cause he still won in large part cause I stuck the wrong R2 unit in my Ywing so hopefully the next game will be a better technical game.

Loving it so far.

I also have made two mistakes where I set the maneuver dial to the opposite of what I really wanted to do. I have learned to take a second and look at where the model is and where I want it to go before setting down the dial

A few weeks back a friend and I tried to introduce the game to our wives, who are becoming somewhat reliable gamers themselves. The problem is both wives have been known to have some issues with spacial recognition (sucked at geometry in school & standardized tests when they showed a shape unfolded). Both wives made a few mistakes with picking the wrong direction and running into each other (both were on the Rebel side playing together).

Sure enough, by buddy's wife blew up near the end of the game stating that she just can't play a tabletop miniature game without a grid map. My wife agreed that it was too hard at the time, but luckily for me she later told me that she just said it to support the other wife as my buddy's wife can be hard to deal with if no one agrees with her and she can sometimes be a hard loser. My wife stated that while she knew that she made a few mistakes, it was her own fault for not taking the time to check the selection before she put the dial down. She wants to play a game again soon. gran_risa.gif