Lancer special ability

By Nerdmeister, in Gears of War: The Board Game

The lancer special ability (roll 4 attack dice and get omen to slice´n´dice) has the phrasing "instead of attacking…"

Does this mean that the lancer special ability does not count as an attack and thus will not attract the attention of the berserker?

If you read it litterally then the berserker only moves when a COG is making an attack and if you´re not technically attacking because you are sawing your enemy to bits "instead of attacking" then that would not cause the berserker to move.

Any and all thoughts on the matter are welcome.

Come on ppl. If you´re not sure how it is supposed to be done, please just share how you have been doing it yourselves lengua.gif

Nerdmeister said:

Come on ppl. If you´re not sure how it is supposed to be done, please just share how you have been doing it yourselves lengua.gif

Well, I play it RAW gui%C3%B1o.gif :

"Berserker Constant Ability: The Berserker’s
constant ability moves it one space toward a
COG each time the COG attacks (even when using
a Lancer Assault Rifle’s constant ability)." (p. 26)

Ah well I guess that clarifies it.

I must admit, I didn´t read the scenario additions in the back of the rulebook for fear of spoilers. Didn´t count on there being rules additions as well in that section preocupado.gif

Nerdmeister said:

Ah well I guess that clarifies it.

I must admit, I didn´t read the scenario additions in the back of the rulebook for fear of spoilers. Didn´t count on there being rules additions as well in that section preocupado.gif

There are small rules tidbits for almost every scenario in the rulebook, better take a look at it every time you try a new one.

Now I'm not 100% sure now, but I would say that Berserker is immune to chainsaw.. so there is no reasot to even try.. :)

Immune to being attacked by the Lancer chainsaw yes, but not immune to moving due to a COG using the chainsaw.

oh, i see, that was the question.. :)