Computer aids for running Swiss tournaments?

By prune, in Android: Netrunner Organized Play

Just wondering what people's experience has been with using software or Excel templates to manage a Swiss tournament (which is the offical format for Android Netrunner tournaments).

Is it just as easy to do it by hand? I haven't done one in ages, but managed ok with a notepad and index cards back in the day.

Also, are there tools that allow you to enter the points each round, or are some of them so MtG or Chess centered that they only allow the scoring from those games? What I mean is that MtG gives 3 points to the winner, or 1 to each in the case of a draw; chess gives 1 point to the winner, or 1/2 to each for a draw. Meanwhile the Netrunner pairings and final rankings are based on the Prestige points, which vary from 0 to 6.

As the size of most A:NR tournaments should be small enough to not have to take into account a cut, the prestige system makes pairings fail together relatively easily, you'd likely be fine by hand or with a simple spreadsheet. Even if you would need to track cumulative prestige of opponents for determining a top 4/8, keeping track of that would not make for a very complicated sheet. DCI Reporter would not (I think) work because the range of values it allows for each player per match is too small to track prestige. (Someone more versed in that dark art may know better.)

The current tournament rules do not have a rule for dealing with byes, which is very problematic in a system where players are paired based on a fairly dynamic points system; I wonder if the current expectation is to have the main TO play or drop out based on the number of players? (This is what I would do if organizing in absence of Word of FFG.)