A change in the classic board. Mistake or Intentional?

By Ruvion, in Merchant of Venus

Eric Summerer mentions on BGG that the northern nav circle space in the Multi-Generational Ship system was originally a port location. I haven't played the original nor the new version…yet, but I'm wondering what kind of change this could spring:
Major, minor, just different…what?
….those with previous experiences with the classic game, any opinions or ideas?

Ruvion said:

Eric Summerer mentions on BGG that the northern nav circle space in the Multi-Generational Ship system was originally a port location. I haven't played the original nor the new version…yet, but I'm wondering what kind of change this could spring:
Major, minor, just different…what?
….those with previous experiences with the classic game, any opinions or ideas?

I was finally able to view a map of the original and found exactly what he was talking about. In this system there is a navigation circle at the north that has an oribital for the building of a spaceport (200 towards end game, unlimited buy/sell, plus 10% commission of transactions). Either it was left out of the navigation circle in the new version (either intentionally or by happenstance) or the graphic is just too busy to "see" it. Basically, this means that every one of the other 13 systems has 1-3 spaces to build a port in while this system does not. Granted, Neutron Port in the original wasn't my favorite place to put a port (smack in the middle of the nav circle) but if I landed on the world and had the cash, I'd buy it for sure. Eric's suggestion that this is easily house ruled should definitely be considered if the final version leaves this out.

I guess it's a wait and see if the post production copy has the same map change as the pre-production ones did.

Well, from what I can tell the board is still missing the spaceport. Was there any response as to whether this was intentional or a mistake?

It was a mistake on their part. The FAQ has a correction for this by placing a spaceport token there when that culture is discovered, however, this leaves the whole map of spaceports short a token (for those longer games where every spaceport gets built)

It was a mistake on their part. The FAQ has a correction for this by placing a spaceport token there when that culture is discovered, however, this leaves the whole map of spaceports short a token (for those longer games where every spaceport gets built)

That's one spaceport deed short. They'll replace the missing token ? desconfiado