Droid "Armor"…

By GM Chris, in Game Mechanics

Okay. So I ran a game Saturday with my first Droid PC. And he wanted armor (as any PC does). But didn't like the idea of a droid wearing "Heavy Clothing" or "Padded Armor" (as the only droids we ever see actually wear clothing/armor on a regular basis are those funky magna-guards). I agreed.

The simple solution was to just "re-skin" the existing listed armor as droid armor. (He ended up with Heavy Clothing as "Plasteel Shell", FWIW.)

But as a suggestion for the final release, it'd be nice to have "droid armor" in the equipment chapter - or at the least, a side-bar on "re-labeling" existing armor. I really don't care about the minutiae (in a narrrative system, at least). But it'd be nice if it was at least addressed. gran_risa.gif

I didn't think about this until reading your post, but we have a Droid as well who also wanted armor. We relabeled heavy clothing as Plasti-steel plating.

So, long story short, I second the motion that they do need to have something in the final cut about droid armor.