Expansions?

By player1137375, in Tide of Iron

Hi,

will there be more expansions for Tide of iron?

Karl-Thomas said:

will there be more expansions for Tide of iron?

Good question. More expansions would be nice, but right now it is very quite around the game.

Here allso waiting new expansions allready.
Allthou plenty of playing with the old ones.

Apparently nothing is moving in this games development right now.

Yes, nothing is moving but i think that one piece of the puzzle is missing….. an expansion in the Pacific War whit the Japanes Empire…

It would be nice.

Creating ouw own maps would be nice too, some one talk about a "Map Editor" tool but i can't found it….

Yesterday, I read an instruction of "Tide of Iron" again and I found there a mention that in the future will be expansion with Japanese army. I keep my finger cross for it. preocupado.gif

Haloon said:

Yesterday, I read an instruction of "Tide of Iron" again and I found there a mention that in the future will be expansion with Japanese army. I keep my fingers crossed for it. preocupado.gif

They really should consider filling out this game with some addtional types of units, because the variety of units is what makes for a game that remains interesting to play repeatedly without becoming too stereotypically predictable.

Some units to add:

Towed artillery guns, like 25 pdr, and 105 mm howitzer

Self Propelled Artillery, like GW-38, M7 Priest, and Wespe 105 howitzer

Maultier Halftrack Nebelwerfer, and Russian Katusha rocket truck

Whirblewind AA tank

Armored cars

Airplane models (use those Memoir 44 Airpack models?)

Early war tanks (41-42) BT-7, Pz-II, Pz-38, M3 Grant

Additionals: Marder II, JagPanther, SU-76, SU-152, Pershing, Sherman FireFly, Cromwell, Churchill.

Additional Rules limiting Combined Fire, Transporting Guns with Trucks/Halftracks, and AA guns vs Aircraft attacks

Change to hit die rolls for certain long range units like 88 Flak gun to 4,5 or 6 for normal range, and 5,6 for long range.

Reduce movement values slightly, or split Action phase into movement phase and combat phase, where units move 1/2 movement pts in 1st part and then can Fire OR move again in 2nd part of Action phase.

Classify AT guns, Artillery field guns, as Non vehicle, ie. same type target as Infantry.