Overpriced

By Krylyyk, in Star Wars Dice App

It's really awesome to offer this dice app, particularly since the dice for Edge of the Empire are custom and not available to purchase yet.

But wow. $4.99 for an app?

Not only is that outrageous for a dice app (most of which are free or only $.99 because of how little coding is actually required), but that's ridiculous for ANY app.

There are very large, complicated games and amazing fun camera apps that do more, required way more coding and are far more useful that cost less. The average app that isn't free costs $.99, and to find them that cost more than $1.99 is rare.

Sorry. $5 is taking advantage of us. We already paid you $30 for the opportunity to play-test your Edge of the Empire game. And we'll probably pay you another $30 or more when the final comes out for that book. The least you could have done was meet us in the middle on this app's price.

Dicenomicon is comparable to the SW Dice App, and it's also $4.99. Most of the free or 99 cent dice apps don't have the graphics or features of this one.

At 20MB, I doubt that this app was created with just a "little coding". If it were useful for just EotE, I might agree with you. But I can use this for nearly every game in my library. It certainly saved me time from having to apply the stickers to other dice in my collection, which also would have cost money.

At the Key Note where they introduced EotE

Most 0.99 and 1.99 apps rely on millions of purchasers to covers costs. There is no way a dice roller for a pen and paper RPGā€¦ let alone a special app for ONE single RPG is going to have that impact. Sorry, but 4.99 is a pretty good price actually.

Also you have to keep in mind how expensive licensing has always been when dealing with the Star Wars property. Having the audio of Ackbar saying, "It's a TRAP!" isn't cheap.

i know nothing about what a fair price for apps is., but i tell you this: i don't own a i-phone or android. and i am going to go out and buy one just so i can have this app. sweetness.

snaggrriss said:

i know nothing about what a fair price for apps is., but i tell you this: i don't own a i-phone or android. and i am going to go out and buy one just so i can have this app. sweetness.

Save yourself some money. Get an iPod touch instead. All the things an iPhone can do except for phone calls and no monthly fees.