Resolve

By Inksplat, in Game Mechanics

Resolve

When a character involuntarily suffers strain, he suffers 1 less strain per rank of Resolve, to a minimum of 1.

So, its basically Strain Soak, which is awesome. But, my question is…does this affect your entire party, or just the Doctor who has it? The wording makes it sound like it benefits your entire party, but the name of the Talent, honestly, makes me wonder--I'm not sure how a Doctor inspires a hardened resolve in the rest of his party. In himself? Totally. But in an entire group?

If it was called something else, like Therapist, or something, I wouldn't have even questioned it. But as it is, I can't help but wonder if its a typo in the effect text, as it feels like it should fit in with Grit and Toughened and the like.

Thoughts?

I'd say it's limited to that character only. After all, they're the one with increased mental fortitude, so why should the party directly benefit from this person having ice-water in their veins?

That's definitely how it seems. The skill fits right in with all the others that toughen up your character, but the wording on this one is just so different that I was baffled. It's almost like it got transferred from a design document without being translate into the right POV.