Order 66 Podcast's latest episode: LIVE PLAY of Edge of the Empire

By GM Chris, in General Discussion

Fechik said:

GM Chris, I've listened to most of the podcast and although I think you guys were awesome I do have a question.

When you rolled the Obligation roll at the beginning, why did you keep it secret. Now, I'm all for GM secrets, I use them all the time myself, BUT, the Oblgation check can affect everyone for the entire session.

I don't know if I missed it, or if it was ever mentioned, but did you roll low enough for the Obligation to effect anyone/everyone? or was the reason you kept it secret because you did not roll low enough? Although I find that doubtful seeing as how high everyone's Obligation was. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I would actually argue that the effect of the Obligation roll doesn't kick in until something happens in regards to it. After all, you aren't stressed about the bounty hunter on your tail until you know he's there.

Now, you could establish from the beginning that you know, but sometimes it's nice to have everything start out peachy.

I'd probably base it off of the Destiny Pool. All Lightside would mean that they have no idea and the future seems bright, while heavy dark side would have their Obligation on them immediately.

Inksplat said:

I would actually argue that the effect of the Obligation roll doesn't kick in until something happens in regards to it. After all, you aren't stressed about the bounty hunter on your tail until you know he's there.

Now, you could establish from the beginning that you know, but sometimes it's nice to have everything start out peachy.

I'd probably base it off of the Destiny Pool. All Lightside would mean that they have no idea and the future seems bright, while heavy dark side would have their Obligation on them immediately.

I hadn't quite looked at it that way. I was looking at it directly as written. Thanks!

and I like the idea of basing it on the Destiny Pool.

GM Chris said:

Would you settle for stat blocks? (Lot easier to do.) I can try and get them compiled this evening…

Were you still looking to provide this? it would be much appreciated

:)

Sorry for the late reply, guys. :-) Been a crazy Labor Day weekend. Top that off with the fact that Dave and Kat hung onto their sheets - so I don't have full stats for them.

Below you'll find stat-blocks for Teny and The Hawv's characters:

Mahatma (played by Teny)

Twi'lek Force-Sensitive Exile on the run from the Empire and a family that want's to cash in on him.

Obligation : Family (20). Motivation : Cause (Emancipation).

Career : Explorer. Specialization : Trader, Force-Sensitive Exile

Characteristics : Brawn 1, Agility 2, Intellect 2, Cunning 3, Willpower 2, Presence 3

Skills : Astrogation 1, Cool 2, Deceit 2, Negotiation 1, Perception 1, Ranged (Light) 2, Knowledge (Core Worlds) 1, Knowledge (Lore) 1, Knowledge (Outer Rim) 1

Talents : Uncanny Senses, Convincing Demeanor, Force Rating 1

Soak/Defense : 2 / 0

Thresholds : Wound: 11 / Strain: 13

Abilities : Force Power: Sense (Control 1, Magnitude 1)

Equipment : Heavy Blaster Pistol, Combat Knife, Heavy Clothing, Comlink, Extra Reload x2

Jan VanHoot (played by The Hawv)

Human con-artist recently released from a 5-year sentence at an Imperial Prison facility, after his long-time "business partner" and childhood friend sold him out. He's looking for payback.

Obligation : Betrayal (25). Motivation : Relationship (Childhood Friend).

Career :Colonist. Specialization : Politico, Doctor

Characteristics : Brawn 2, Agility 2, Intellect 2, Cunning 3, Willpower 2, Presence 3

Skills : Charm 2, Deceit 2, Leadership 1, Medicine 1, Negotiation 1, Streetwise 1, Ranged (Light) 1

Talents : Kill With Kindness, Plausible Deniability, Inspiring Rhetoric, Surgeon

Soak/Defense : 3 / 0

Thresholds : Wound: 12/ Strain: 12

Abilities : none

Equipment : Blaster Pistol, Brass Knuckles, Heavy Clothing, Datapad, Comlink, Extra Reload x2, Medpac, Disguise Kit, Stimpack x5

Looking at the two posted stat-blocks, it looks like Tenny and Hawv went for a mix of ability score increases, skill ranks, and talents. Which is probably how it should be for this game.

Thanks for posting these Chris.

Donovan Morningfire said:

Looking at the two posted stat-blocks, it looks like Tenny and Hawv went for a mix of ability score increases, skill ranks, and talents. Which is probably how it should be for this game.

Thanks for posting these Chris.

2nd that notion

Thanks for posting these!

Donovan, GM Chris, The Hawv, etc., fancy meeting you folks here!