Order 66 Podcast's latest episode: LIVE PLAY of Edge of the Empire

By GM Chris, in General Discussion

What is up, GamerNation?

After our wonderful interview with Jay Little and Sterling Hershey for Episode 163 of the Order 66 Podcast, we were left chomping at the bit, so to speak. And we resolved to get this beta on the table as soon as possible - and of course - to record it for all of our listeners! So join us for another epic 3 hour show, as we plow through the first half of my beta adventure, and stick around after the credits for lots of post-show musings and reaction to gameplay and mechanics. You can find the episode on iTunes, or download it directly here: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Order66/~3/Kgz83KClEx4/episode164.mp3

You can also make comments on the episode with other Order 66 Listeners at the d20radio forum thread, here: http://www.d20radio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11013

Thanks for listening, folks!

Peace, Love, and Good Gaming.

GMC

Thanks. Starting to listen to it now. Is it possible to upload the character sheets from this game, so I can (more easily) look at the sheets as the game progresses?

jamesewelch said:

Thanks. Starting to listen to it now. Is it possible to upload the character sheets from this game, so I can (more easily) look at the sheets as the game progresses?

Um… I'll have to do that, LOL. Good suggestion.

Would you settle for stat blocks? (Lot easier to do.) I can try and get them compiled this evening…

Yep.. Anything is better than nothing. That way I can look at the characters stats as they are talking, making rolls, etc.

I'll second the motion for being able to see the PC's stats, even if in block format.

The more examples of character builds out there, the better methinks.

Listening now. Very excited!

Overall, a great listen. You guys do great work normally, so that's not a huge surprise. Characters would be a welcome addition and I'll likely listen again one they're done.

A little constructive feedback, if you want it….the chewing, crunching, and talking into the mic with food in your mouths was a little off-putting. I realize snacks are part of gaming, but it's kinda gross to have all of that chewing directly in my ear.

That said, awesome podcast and play session. So, are you guys going to switch focus or provide double coverage now that EotE is a real thing?

I was able to catch most of this when it was being recorded, but now that I've got a copy of the book it makes it a lot easier to follow along with the action.

MrkMllr said:

Overall, a great listen. You guys do great work normally, so that's not a huge surprise. Characters would be a welcome addition and I'll likely listen again one they're done.

A little constructive feedback, if you want it….the chewing, crunching, and talking into the mic with food in your mouths was a little off-putting. I realize snacks are part of gaming, but it's kinda gross to have all of that chewing directly in my ear.

That said, awesome podcast and play session. So, are you guys going to switch focus or provide double coverage now that EotE is a real thing?

MrkMllr said:

So… we actually only had ONE directional mic. At the END of the table. I'm amazed it picked up the snackage. Or my background tunes, for that matter (which I am happy about). But my speakers were at the other end of the table, with me.

Also realize that my players aren't podcasters. gui%C3%B1o.gif If I invited them to the table, and said, "By the way, I'm recording this… so no cutting up… and no EATING… I wan't this to be as clean a recording as possible, dammit!" … then two of them would have laughed and told me to shove it… ROFL… One would have simply found an excuse not to come. So… yeah. It's the nature of my playgroup. "Oh… you do a podcast? Yeah, that's nice. Can we roll some dice, *******!!!!"

Sound familiar to any of you? lengua.gif

MrkMllr said:

Thank you!! I'm fortunate enough to have a solid and diverse playgroup to call upon.

Order 66 will still be devoted to Saga Edition. But we are creating a brand new show for FFG's RPG. gran_risa.gif The two will run in tandem… though (as you can image) O66 will probably scale back a bit. Until the new show's debut, Order 66 will serve as a temporary vehicle on news and details for Edge of the Empire.

Cool. I wasn't trying to be dickish, so I hope it didn't come across that way. I'm one of those people that the sound of chewing really gets to, so I'm sure it just me.

I'm really glad to hear you guys are doing a podcast eventually…now I don't have to. With the good, consistent work you guys do I'd not even try to compete, I look forward to hearing more on EotE in future episodes.

Listening now. What did you use as background tunes? :)

MrkMllr said:

Cool. I wasn't trying to be dickish, so I hope it didn't come across that way. I'm one of those people that the sound of chewing really gets to, so I'm sure it just me.

LOL… Naw, man! It's all good. ;-). You point is COMPLETELY valid.

Wulfherr said:

Listening now. What did you use as background tunes? :)

For which part? :-)

I'm at the first encounter still :) But feel free to share all tunes. Also: "Thanks for stickin' it in my butt cheek!" Pure Gold! aplauso.gif

Listened to both casts on my day off Thursday. GREAT stuff! It really made the game come together in my head even though I could not see the characters. Having read most of the rules, I could kind of follow what was going on, etc.

I will continue to follow anything you cover on the game, however not d20 stuff… nothing personal, we just always played D6 WEGs. Nice work.

Fun cast. It's rare that I enjoy an AP cast but I was enthralled.

That said my career is rules lawyer, so I think it's worth mentioning that operating ships scanners is listed as an example of Surveilance not computers. I was also wondering why you used so if you used so few destiny points? I'd have tossed one to upgrade a difficulty die on the sniper's first shot at the big guy.

Just like to say thanks for the podcast I really enjoyed it, I haven't got my book but run WFRP3e so had a great time picking out how the rules differ. I'm in the UK and what I love is that the more AP I hear the more I realise that players the world over are all the same, great stuff can't wait for more!

Also… your players input was great. They seemed to genuinely love the light rules. While I have always felt a physical representation of what is happening can be helpful… but, god these boardgame rules have taken over. and once players who start to realize (envision) what real roleplaying means… (old school all in your head) they Love it.

They start saying things like…. I didnt have to stop and think of my position and everyone elses…real fights, etc do not work this way. it is situational. Player: can i hit him? GM: no, not close. Player: ok how about him? GM: yes, he is right next to you kicking your Bothan friend in the face (last round things). Player: well hell… I hit him in the face!

My new players (started in last 5 years) are like… "this is a mental revolution." and my elder statesmen go… "MAN!… I remember how it used to be… Fast and furious and on the cuff!"

I would definitely listen to an Order 66 podcast dedicated to the FFG version of SW RPG. I loved the two you did, hoping for more.

I just finished listening to episode 163 this morning and I have to say that it was great. Actually listening to the devs talk about explanation of things and the meaning behind them. I can't wait to listen to this one.

GMChris, is there a ink to subscribe to the podcast or just kind of follow the forums?

Fechik said:

I just finished listening to episode 163 this morning and I have to say that it was great. Actually listening to the devs talk about explanation of things and the meaning behind them. I can't wait to listen to this one.

GMChris, is there a ink to subscribe to the podcast or just kind of follow the forums?

You can subscribe on iTunes, and there's also a sub-page on the D20 Radio Network homepage specifically for the Order 66 podcast.

start.d20radio.com/home/the-order-66-podcast

You can also follow GM Chris and or GM Dave on Twitter, as they'll throw a tweet out there saying when they are doing the next live recording of the show, with the recorded 'cast itself usually following a day or two later under most circumstances.

cetiken said:

That said my career is rules lawyer, so I think it's worth mentioning that operating ships scanners is listed as an example of Surveilance not computers. I was also wondering why you used so if you used so few destiny points? I'd have tossed one to upgrade a difficulty die on the sniper's first shot at the big guy.

That's great to hear, from all of you. Thank you.

Truthfully, I just haven't memorized all the skills yet, and didn't want to break the flow of the game to look it up. So I just made the call on the fly. ;-)

And the reason I didn't use a DP on that first shot is because I had none! LOL… Kid you not. The party rolled 4 light side points and 0 dark side points at the start of the session!

GM Chris said:

cetiken said:

That's great to hear, from all of you. Thank you.

Truthfully, I just haven't memorized all the skills yet, and didn't want to break the flow of the game to look it up. So I just made the call on the fly. ;-)

And the reason I didn't use a DP on that first shot is because I had none! LOL… Kid you not. The party rolled 4 light side points and 0 dark side points at the start of the session!

Ah but at least 1 DP was used, so that shouldn't that have been flipped over to a darkside point?

It was. But that didn't happen until a bit later in the session. :-). And considering how HAMMERED the party got in that initial encounter… I really didn't find the need. [shrug]

I could've used them in the Mynock fight… But I still didn't find the need.

GM Chris, I've listened to most of the podcast and although I think you guys were awesome I do have a question.

When you rolled the Obligation roll at the beginning, why did you keep it secret. Now, I'm all for GM secrets, I use them all the time myself, BUT, the Oblgation check can affect everyone for the entire session.

I don't know if I missed it, or if it was ever mentioned, but did you roll low enough for the Obligation to effect anyone/everyone? or was the reason you kept it secret because you did not roll low enough? Although I find that doubtful seeing as how high everyone's Obligation was. gui%C3%B1o.gif