Robot nonsense

By Lotus, in Dust Warfare

Working on a squad of these for the Germans…just because.

robot1q.jpg

Wow man I love it. Its got a cool retro vibe going for it kind of like the Ashley Woods World War Robot stuff…which is a good thing.

DoomOnYou72 said:

Wow man I love it. Its got a cool retro vibe going for it kind of like the Ashley Woods World War Robot stuff…which is a good thing.

Thanks, Man…first I've heard of WW Robot and I was blown away by the artwork I found for it. Definitely the mood I'm going for so now I've got some good reference material.

Looks like they're making it into a movie, btw, from what one site said. Hope they can pull it off.

Robot#2 w/ a Derringer-style grenade launcher…

…#3 will be a bit different.

robot2m.jpg

A somewhat blurry Robot #3…I'll work on a better pic by Robot#4 time.

robot3.jpg

robot3.jpg

Robot#4…

robot4.jpg

Robots are looking sweet!

This turning out to be really cool. Paint them already! :-p

Poweranimal said:

Okok…I painted it already, LOL.

Meet the Trash Collector. My son named it.

thetrashcollector.jpg

Robot #5 is on schedule…needs a paint job. He's the squad leader.

His screw top was a little chewed, and it's the wrong kind of plastic to sand, but it fit too well, and now it just gives him a beat-up appearance so it's ok. I'll rust it up.

robot5.jpg

My kid calls him the Mug…might work out.

robot5withsquad.jpg

Group shot outside (Before our Northeast major weather event today…possible tornadoes). Better light tho the reds seem too red. Went for a bigger pic this time but it stills seems small.

A card is now in order:

Robot Assault Squad "Junkyard Dogs"

2 armor

3 MGs, a grenade launcher, 1 anti-armor, and the leader with some sort of heavy pistols.

thedirtyfive.jpg

Awesome no-nonsense Robots!!!

Great work!

Thanks, T.C.!

A friend really took to my robots so I made this one for her. "The Can"

She runs a gallery so this was pretty cool. I deliver it tomorrow. :)

thecan.jpg

Looking pretty sweet!

Lotus said:

Poweranimal said:

thetrashcollector.jpg

What did you use for parts on this one? I have been toying with the idea of building bots like this, mainly due to the World War Robot/Robots Vs Zombies stuff.

**** dude that's awesome!

TredHed said:

Lotus said:

Poweranimal said:

thetrashcollector.jpg

What did you use for parts on this one? I have been toying with the idea of building bots like this, mainly due to the World War Robot/Robots Vs Zombies stuff.

Well, you might recognize the central pillar of a CD storage case as the body, Heheh, after a bit. They make great bodies even after the top is gone…just the right diameter. The lower part of the back unit is a bit odder…it's a piece of the side squeeze of a superglue bottle. Screw in the front and wire for the antennae and the leg extras. All the rest is polystyrene from a semi-local hobby shop. The MG clips I squeezed in pliers to get the suggestive pattern and then heat-bent them.

Dude, I'd love to see someone else make some robots. WW Robots is excellent material to mine, if nothing else than for the basic feel. And I think they fit this game perfectly for the reasons you stated. Good luck. Hope to see your work. :)

Dilbot…

dilbot.jpg

This one I call "Sid". The irony of a sniper w/ a rocket launcher.

This one I made for the woman who owns our LGS…she's kind of our mother bear, and has treated our gaming group like family for years. She loved the robots I showed her so I did this one as a gift.

sidlowres.jpg

Cool. I'm sure Twana will really like it

She liked it very much! Now she just needs to keep it out of the paws of her cats.

A last pic before it went on the road…The antennae rod paint was unusually thick, unfortunately, probably from being out in the cold shop.

sid2b.jpg

2 upcoming robots I have on deck to paint. The one on the left is "The Engineer"…a repair bot, complete w/ oxyacetalene and a wrench…over 77 parts.

upcomingbots.jpg