SWRPG Players - Check In

By Genghis12, in General Discussion

I live in the northwestern part of Kentucky. I have played all editions of Star Wars RPG, fourteen years running WEG, OCR and RCR for a couple of years, and I cam late to Saga edition and only started running it this year.

While that campaign continues, I am planning a SWEOTE (is that pronounced "sweety" or "schwetty"?) campaign to begin in the next month or so.

My wife and I live up in American Hoth (Fargo, ND). I cut my teeth on WEG 2nd Edition (the introductory box set to be specific) and haven't strayed too far from Star Wars ever since. Didn't do over much with OCR/RCR as I didn't like the way it played, but fell in love hard with Saga Edition. Played the crap out of that for a number of years and have since fallen in love with the Beta release of Edge of the Empire.

You'll know me as Cyril over on the d20 Radio boards as well.

I admit I'm a little weary of FFG's take on the SW game system. (Mostly because I dislike what they did with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay cards/dice gimmicks, when WH40K RP is great as it is with percentiles.) I'm holding off on ordering the book until the beta is done, because…well, I love my fluff and I'm hoping that there will be some changes from the beta-testing in the form of glitches proof-read and rules tweaked.

Started Star Wars RP with 2ed WEG like most people, and loved the heck out of it. Wish I had kep those books, because the fluff, especially for playing Imperial characters was great. (Always loved playing the less known side of a non-arrogant/un-evil Imperial pilot/soldier.) Moved on to the Saga Edition (I still have the books.), and it was my last foreray into that 'Wimpy other Trash Company' that shall not be named. I don't play card games I play role-playing games :P

Nobody will know me, so no big deal. ^_^ I mostly just play the 40K games, but I'm willing to see where FFG takes our beloved game and either proudly play it, or sadly sigh and keep to the old systems like some people still do with many games. I'm hoping it's the proud part.

Ultimate2099 here. Bit of an Internet lurker. Usually just join forums to ask questions. Had a bad experience with the first forum community I ever became heavily invested in and decided lurking is the way to go.

Just wanted to thank GM Chris. I hadn't checked on the state of Fantasy Flight's star Wars license in months and missed the release of this Beta last month. But as a Saga Edition player I occasionally download a bunch of Order 66 podcast eps when I'm feeling in the mood for some Saga edition talk. This led to me stumbling into a recent podcast ep detailing the release of Edge of the Empire Beta.

long story short, I went on eBay today and bought a 50$ copy of the book and then joined this message board to keep an eye on the state of the game and be able to ask questions.

See. Podcasts do work.

Chris here. I've used the jedimerc username for going on 13 years since a friend of mine suggested I was part jedi and part mercenary, but I do mostly GM and have been doing so since the days of TSR Marvel Super Heroes and Palladium's Robotech (around 1987). I'm in the D/FW area, though I've lived all over and travel a great deal for work. I've gone through all the iterations of Star Wars and always loved the classic D6 system. I found SAGA to be a good game in a lot of ways, but I have really (like many here) found that this system has a great deal of potential. Creating custom species and equipment is a snap, coming up with statistics for NPC's and NPC ships is pretty easy, and less work on statistics makes for a happy GM and allows us to focus on the narrative action. I tested the game with 6 players (and 1 NPC droid) last Saturday and everyone had a blast. Once everyone saw the dice mechanic in action, they really liked it and by the end of the game had it down well. This bodes well for the finished product I think and I hope FFG continues to do the license justice. Hope everyone enjoys the game as much as I have so far.

Shaun in Chicago. Played and ran every single version of SW RPG there has been.

Hi,

I'm one of lupex's players; this will be the 4th SW game system I have played, the other 3 being D6, D20 and Hero 4th edition.

This has been my hobby, on and off, for about 30 years; it's been great to see how games and gaming have evolved during that time.

Cheers,

Doug

EldritchFire here. I've been using this handle since '05 or thereabouts—it started with Battlefield 2. Anyway, I'm in Austin, TX and haves been playing SW since WEG Second Edition, Revised and Expanded, skipped on the first d20, but played a bit of Saga.

You may know me from RPGnet, XBox Live, or various other message boards around town.

-EF

Hi. I've GMed and played every Star Wars RPG and a lot of other RPGs too. Curently playing this (GM), Saga (player), the new Marvel game (player), LotR living card game, and X-Wing minis. I'm on the M&M board a little and haven't been on Saga in a while.

This is a great board. I'm digging all the different opinions and help. Nice to see different ideas and a healthy back and forth. I like almost everything about this new game and I'm glad we can give feedback.

I'm hopeless but I'm anticipating the final hard cover of this game more than any other product on my radar…but I'd trade it for blu-rays of the original trilogy unaltered.

Played WEG d6 Star Wars and d20 Star Wars. Played Star Wars using Traveller before there was a Star Wars game available. :)

My Sturn title has been used on other Star Wars boards and Star Wars Galaxies (and other MMO's/Boards).

Hi:

ElHuil standing by.

Only Saga for me (till now) cool.gif .

L

May the Farce be w/you

Hi, I've played and run West End Games Star Wars even the d20 versions and got the saga edition but only got to play briefly since the group I game with is more d6 orientated.

The Order 66 podcast got me interested in the latest version and have it ordered and with luck I hope to run it in a week (very, very hopefully!) and perhaps restart an old campaign I was involved in when I do!

It feels right that I go back to the first weg stars game and remake it, well the d6 campaign I played in has gone past the empire strikes back stage but the gm decided to have Luke turn evil as he had two characters turn jedi (one of whom was mine and wasn't what i wanted!), but I like the idea that this time round Jedi ARE rare if not near extinct!

Sorry I'm probably the only person who chose to play a clone trooper rather than a Jedi at Dragonmeet just after they released the Attack of the Clones…

I actually enjoyed that, well until we were inundated with Jedi players…

Seriously there were only 3 clone troopers and how many Jedi?

sorpresa.gif

JYANTA here. Most of the time I go with the username Auton but it seems it was taken here. I played a lot of the old d20 Star Wars and a little of the Saga Star Wars. Since my daughters have gotten interested in all my old gaming stuff we have started having games with each other. They cant wait to play Edge of the Empire in a longer game then my Demo adventure that I made. I am from Austin, TX…