SWRPG Players - Check In

By Genghis12, in General Discussion

Simple.

Who are you and where might we know you from?

Genghis12 here. Old-skoolers might remember me from SWRPG message boards on AOL circa '95. Or Jae's list. Then SWRPGHolonet forums. And EU fans might have seen me on TF.N through the 2000's.

Seeing this has me pumped about Star Wars RPG in a way I haven't been for a long, long time.

I have used this nick since .. oh I don't know, the previous millennia I think?

You could have seen me making a fool out of myself on SWRPGNetwork, WotC old swrpg forums… I also frequented some older forums mid-90s under the nick of Noomb (or something akin to that), but that's ages ago, long before d20 swrpg… when internet forums looked odd and could be very awkward to manoeuvre.

GM Chris, here. :-). Host of the Order 66 Podcast foe the last 4 and a half years, and co-founder of the d20radio network. I hang my hat in Dallas, TX, and game wherever and wherever I can.

Gallandro has been my handle since I joined the interwebs. Its my name on the old swrpgnetwork, on the WOTC boards, on Rancor Pit and the Jedi Council forums on the force.net.

Like many here I've GMd and played every version if Star Wars Rpg, but have been excited to see FFGs take on it as I'm a big WFRP fan… My book awaits me at home, but I'm still at work.

Yancy

Shakespearian_Soldier here. Not really been active on any boards outside of this one, and roleplayinggames.net, where I host my WEG Star Wars game set in the Dark Times era.

Will be looking to run my sequel game on there, using this system. Will be good to see how it plays in a PbP format. :)

MilesD37, not that anyone know me from any other SW rpg site… most of my RPG experience has been offline, and was only introduced to the WotC Saga edition a few months ago…

But though you didn't know me before, you'll know me now as i ordered my copy of EotE on wednesday, (quick aside to that, anyone else that ordered from the site, how long after you placed order did you receive confirmation of shipping with tracking numbers?)

the best part about this release was at our saga gaming session a week prior we were bitching that FFG hadn't done anything with RPGs since getting the license… now i'm excited again!

My name is Nate Christen; I use that or my initials, NMC, on various boards.

-Nate

Hi people!

I appear on lots of SW rpg boards (swrpgnetwork, wotc, rancorpit, etc.) as I. J. Thompson or something like it, depending if the site allows punctuation in usernames. I was the creator of the Elrood Sector website and the Tales of the Freespirit Space Combat Game (both for SW D6), and am the founder of the free-form, diceless, GM-less, five-year-running online game Star Wars: Tapestry .

I've just been lurking and reading all your posts while I wait for my book to come in, but I'm sure I'll have lots to say once I've got it. cool.gif

I. J. Thompson said:

Hi people!

I appear on lots of SW rpg boards (swrpgnetwork, wotc, rancorpit, etc.) as I. J. Thompson

I know your name, not sure where I know if from…. SAGA message boards by WotC, maybe?

Anyway, I go by McSham, or some variation of Shamrock, I have been on the WotC boards (until they went belly up). Not really active in any other boards, but I do lurk Force.net, and a few others. I do listen to the order 66 podcast, but don't think I have ever commented on it but once or twice, mostly when Rodney was on.

I have been playing SW RPGs since the WEG versions back in the 80s.

I tend to specialize on the species and official canon, so I can be a good source of information for questions on those.

Oh, and I live in San Antonio

Regards,

$hamrock

I know this is kind of naughty, but I just have to advice everyone to check out and recommend registering on the SWRPGNetwork site. Its been touched up on over the last year or three, because of that activity has been kind of low, it's been low since the end of Sage really, but now it's (more or less) done and slowly its awakening.

It's a great site for SW rpgs, perhaps a bit more post-beta place really as it has no affiliation to FFG as far as I know, but they got tons of expertise and advice on anything Star Wars, rpg and story.

There was a lot of material posted there for both d20 (all the incarnations) and D6, some of which is back, more coming back I assume/hope.

Anyway, shameless plug over. Don't hate me.

Good old 'clackey' from the D20 Forums slippin' in over here. I really want to get my hands on this book, but the shipping to the UK is CRAZY high. Hoping my FLGS will order it.

mrchrislackey said:

Good old 'clackey' from the D20 Forums slippin' in over here. I really want to get my hands on this book, but the shipping to the UK is CRAZY high. Hoping my FLGS will order it.

Just shy of $120, everything included, getting the book to Denmark. Fortunately, I'm really dumb with my money. :)

I played Star Wars Galaxies, the MMO, for about 2 years or so before it turned to trash. I used the same handle on those forums and played three characters during my tenure: T'randel Havok, Car'ver Lippon, and Chauncey T. Clovis, ESQ on the Kauri server.

I posted earlier about looking to get a campaign started in the Orlando area. I'd like to GM but while I familiarize myself with the rules I'd love to play in another campaign. I haven't been this excited about a pen & paper RPG in years!

I am Stacie… I use my name across the many boards I have joined over the years in some way… attaching either GmrGrl or Winters after my first name but I'm hoping to change it on rpgnet to Darth Quiris and any future rpg message boards, especially Star Wars related, will be Darth Quiris. I'm like FFG, I joined the Dark Side. I love the cookies. :)

Evening,

I'm not usually very active on the forums, but I most often use this nick in other forums when I'm active. Ferretz. Why? Because I have three lovely ferrets. I'm a ferret fan. :)

Anyway, been GMing since the good old d6 days (really liked WEG's version of Star Wars), and I even ran campaigns in d20 and Saga, even though I really, really dislike d20-rules or anything that smells like it (except for Spycraft, for some reason.. not sure why). So, I'm really looking forward to this new version.

Real name is Eirik Bull (yes, my last name is in fact Bull… cue the cattle jokes, right?), and I'm from Oslo, Norway. :)

-Eirik

I have been active on most sw rpg forums, on and off since Wotc first released the D20 iteration, I usually have the user name of ccatkins. I used to pop up on swrpgnetwork, rancor pit, and briefly on the Wotc forums.

Its nice to see some of the old faces appearing on this here board.

Donovan Morningfire, checking in.

Been a part of the SW RPG community since the hallowed days of the Holonet Forums and most recently the Lord of The Post Count over on the D20 Radio Boards. I've put together several house rule documents for OCR, RCR, and Saga Edition, as well as compiling a pretty darn hefty compendium of NPCs for Saga Edition, but have been playing and generally enjoying Star Wars RPGs since the days of WEG's 2nd Edition. Played the heck out of the KOTOR video games and found Force Unleashed to be fun enough, but generally haven't played very many other Star Wars video games.

I'm also engaged as a writer on the Gaming Security Agency as Agent 94, with most of my contributions being the weekly Heroes on Demand articles, featuring ready-to-play player characters for a variety of RPGs such as Deadlands Reloaded (Savage Worlds), One Ring, Dresden Files, and WFRP2nd, to name a few, with plenty more in the wings.

I also had the rare opportunity to work professionally on a Star Wars RPG (Galaxy at War and Unknown Regions for Saga Edition), and time and opportunity permitting I would love a chance to do so again for FFG's Star Wars system.

Been BrashFink on various forums all over the Net since about 1993. Largest claim to fame was making a Halflife 2 Comic with Garry's Mod called "Apostasy" that got some amount of buzz in the mid 2000s.

Star Wars, RPGs and I all go way back. Saw Star Wars with my Pop in the theater when it was first released when I was 8. First started playing D&D and Gamma World a few years later in the early 80s.

MrkMllr, which translates to Mark Miller. I have had at least SOME experience with every sort of Star Wars game, RPG or otherwise, released to this point. I live near Austin, Texas and hang out and do my gaming ant Tenth Planet Games and Comics, in Cedar Park.

MrkMllr said:

MrkMllr, which translates to Mark Miller. I have had at least SOME experience with every sort of Star Wars game, RPG or otherwise, released to this point. I live near Austin, Texas and hang out and do my gaming ant Tenth Planet Games and Comics, in Cedar Park.

Don't know if you ever go there, but I will be doing some demos at Dragon's Lair in the coming weeks. I live in San Antonio and usually hit the store here, but was asked about doing a few there if they covered the fuel.

Well, what can one write about oneself without appearing as if he thinks too highly of himself. Let's see. I am a happily married man and father of eight most excellent children who have given me cause to have another look at the role-playing games that were collecting dust in my garage for a number of years. I have been role-playing off and on now for about thirty years ever since the Dungeons and Dragons Moldvay B series box first made its appearance in the early 80s or late 70s. I have played with a variety of different groups both young and old, from the strange to the socially acceptable and have marveled at the player diversity RPG games have. When it comes to preferred version I would have to write that 1st edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons wins that title though the BX series comes in at a very close second. Since my 'olders' are now in their teen years I had decided to introduce them to the D&D world first through Stephan Chenault's Castles & Crusades game. Later we also discovered the Star Wars Role-playing game, first the Revised Version followed shortly afterward by Saga edition. The latter is now the family's preferred choice of game. My kids ages range between 5 and 16 years. I started listening to the Roll For Initiative Podcast recently and through it have been inspired to continue fantasy and sci-fi gaming possibly for some time to come and regularly. I am also a reliable listener of GM Chris' Order 66 podcast and through his show have learned about the new Edge of the Empire RPG from FFG. I have since purchased the Beta and am planning on playing at least a few sessions with the kids to see if this would be a good fit for us. Thus far, I am liking what I am reading…

GMThrawn Here. I have not been big on forums for a long time, but I am a fanatic gamer.

I'm mostly based out of the NEPA and NY Southern Tier area.

Unfortunately, I have not had time to get a group going yet, but I have been reading every line of the book that I can, and I am PUMPED to get a game going. Aside from a few typos here and there, I haven't found anything I don't like about the book yet.

I think I'm going to love this system.

Russell here.

I don't know if anyone would know me, but I've been playing SWRPG since 1st Edition West End Games (I probably have over 100 Star Wars RPG books).

I contributed to the Star Wars: Living Force campaign for WotC (I wrote most of the first batch of Jedi Masters). I'm currently one of the hosts on the Torocast podcast. (Find me in TOR as Rachael on the Canderous Ordo server)

I have to say that, from reading the rules, this looks to be one of the best suited systems for Star Wars I've seen - even moreso than Savage Worlds would be.

Barefoottourguide checking in. I'm the producer and host pf Threat Detected Podcast, the Saga Dawn of Defiance Podcast. I admit I like what I saw. I made a list of things I would want in a Saga replacement: limited era (Rebellion), Jedi nerfed to only what we see Jedi in the OT do), narrative core mechanic. I really was blown away by having my Christmas list completely filled in the beta. Hopefully there will be campaigns released for EotE… and hopefully FFG's cool guys will help Threat Detected transition over to running their campaigns.

Garrett

I'm no one, but I've been playing RPGs for some time. Been on the Rancor Pit, the WEG forums (before Eric Gibson shut down the company), Holonet (before that died for some reason), the new D6 forums, Shadowrun and Savage Worlds. Never hung out on the WotC boards as I despised the D20 versions of Star Wars (and am sick of Class/Level systems like Pathfinder/D&D). I use various names on the various forums.