Semtex Charge

By Timbucktoo, in Infiltration

Had someone use this in our 2nd game. The way the card reads, "wound each operative in this room", seems to indicate that the operative using it also becomes wounded. Anyway, that's how we played it.

How'd you handle this?

That sounds about right. I tend to not play that card, either because I'm too nice or because it won't be very effective. Discard fodder!

I guess it's a trade off for clearing out the room.

But since it doesn't go off until the next Resolution Phase, it gives you (and the other players) a turn in which to get out of the way.

I'm not a huge fan either, mind you…it's a weird card that's mainly useful in a few really specific situations (such as whenever you want to destroy a tech lock or NPC at a distance or one turn later (biomedical lab, loading dock, etc), or used in tandem with buckyballs to wound another player).

But also, sometimes it's the only lock/person smasher you have.

It's a very good card to play when you're retreating from the facility and you are one move nearer to the exit than other players. You can play the card, and then start retreating, forcing the others to lose one more round or be wounded. This could imply you leaving the facility and the other dying. Or you can use it in the early fases of the game, to forces the others to stay longer in a DF-less area while you go a couple of steps ahead. Not extremely useful, but I tend to use it often, and I'm happy with it

I agree, I think this card is best used when trying to delay other players, especially when you are ahead. It could be done either when escaping or delaying others at the start of the game to ensure they have to stay back and therefore the wouldn't have the time to continue deeper into the facility.