New Units (tanks & heavy troops)

By Loophole Master, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

Some of the new GenCon units have been officially announced .

box-DT052-right.png

Karl Marx's Heavy Tesla Gun is supposed to be as powerful as it gets It ignores cover and is supposed to have an "explosive" effect on vehicles. Wonder how that works… Nothing about the Lavrentiy, which seems to be the most normal thing this line has ever produced.

box-DT053-left.png

Red Storm seems to be just the SSU equivalent of the Recon Grenadiers.

box-DT054-right.png

Ah, now this is cool! I'm really puzzled, though, the way the box is labeled it would seem this is like a vehicle box, where you can build either of two variants, but that doesn't seem right in this case. Does this box come with the two complete units, being able to field both at the same time? You cant interchange pieces in this case, unless they come with a lot of dettachable parts like heads and backpacks… Anyway, very cool units with long range weapon (no A confirmed yet) and 3-health for the whole unit.

box-DT055-left.png

British Commandos! What else could you ask for? Equipped with lighter 50W phaser rifles, which I'm sure they make up for with sheer skill. Can be reconfigured as a French Legion squad, which unfortunately has better stats with Assault instead of Scout.

dts016.png

Best thing about the French Legion option is that I will have three unused French heads that I can put on spikes for scenery….

Looks like the tanks include a bonus tank commander. wonder what that's all about.

Wow, yeah! I didn't read the fine print. A bonus tank commander, that's very weird. They don't even depict him anywhere on the box.

Loophole Master said:

Wow, yeah! I didn't read the fine print. A bonus tank commander, that's very weird. They don't even depict him anywhere on the box.

They did have him on the model in the Gencon pics. I'm more worried about Nikolai in a Tesla tank

New article gives us the scoop on the next axis and SSU tanks:

prinzluther.png

PRINZLUTHER - Health 6, Advanced Reactive Fire, Carry Capacity 6. Probably very light on attack power, with only a little MG on top. But what makes this tank a SCARY proposition is its Comand Vehicle ability, that not only allows a Command Squad to use its Command Skills while sitting prettily in the safety of this heavy walker, but they also get to REROLL failed Command Skill checks! Now THAT is frightening.

dt059-sturmprinz.png

STURMPRINZ - Health 6, Advanced Reactive Fire, Carry Capacity 6. This has a more respectable pair of guns, which also look to be good at anti-aircraft combat. And it has the nifty ability to carry 6 extra troops dangling outside it, not gaining any protection, but retaining the ability to attack. I can see some cool piggy-back strategies forming around this guy.

babushka-plastic.png

BABUSHKA - I hate this for stealing the Grand'ma's proper name, but I love the look of this walker. A true anti-infantry meatgrinder, this is supposed to have some Health to spare.

DT068-matrioshka.png

MATRIOSHKA - A variant of the Fury of Ivan, this gives the SSU some much needed anti-tank firepower with some range.

Whoa, the hvy comand walkers look interesting, I wonder if babushka can shoot air targets, or it's only designes as ground support. Anyway that's the stuff that SSU needs! Wonder when we see them on our tables..

If Axis get a vehicle with Combat Vehicle ability, heavy weapon teams and jets shown on GenCon, I`m now REALLY wondering what will Allies get… I`m pretty sure the premiere of Allies aircraft is pretty close, as decals for them have been avaliable on dust-models.com for few months already.

Wasn't really keen on the new Axis Heavies from the gencon pics, but right now the Prinzluher is in the top 3 for the next buy! I might fold and buy two of them, as the chassis looks like a better fit (to me) for the twin superheavy cannons of the Konigsluther - I just need to check if the ammo box will fit on the new model.

BTW, the prinzluther seems to feature a light autocannon weapon (20 mm?) and a coaxial MG.

All looking good and I expect I'll get all four as I play SSU and Axis, the rules look a bit screwed though. So, men clinging on the outside for dear life while dodging shots, avoiding the legs and getting defened by the vehicles own guns can shoot, but those on the inside in reletive safety with rested weapons can't :?

Wow, those Heavy Walkers are stunning! Those are on my Wishlist for sure…and maybe 1 heavy tank…and those Axis Anti Heavy Tank squads…and Kill Commandos…and…and…

Really cool units!

The guns are 20mm or 30mm. On the Sturmprinz it should be 30mm as that was the caliber of the Kugelblitz tank which is the origin of this type of turret.

The box of the Axis walkers states that it comes with a bonus tank commander. Really cool!

Arcturus1979 said:

The box of the Axis walkers states that it comes with a bonus tank commander. Really cool!

Was that on the new Axis hvy walker? Where did you see that?

Yup, right there:

dt059-box-left.png

Wonder of it has any game effect or if it's just a nifty accessory.

**** those Axis transports look good…but how much wash do you need to paint that beats? lengua.gif

Glad to see they are coming out in the 4th quarter, they will make a wonderfull addition to my forces.

I started my walker long ago, just not finished. Too many other projects going on.

photo1-2.jpg

The Axis walker probably costs at least 60 points, That and a command squad is at least 100 points. That seems like allot of point to tie into one model.

Anyone else just notice that the Prinzluther/Sturmprinz, just like the new SSU Heavies, also come with a bonus tank commander?