Chapter V - Gear and Equipment

By FULONGAMER, in Proofreading Changes

Bipod Mount (p 125) uses text that is inconsistent with other weapon descriptions for modification additions. Currently "This attachment can only be applied to blaster rifles, heavy blaster rifles, ands light repeating blasters." seems overly restrictive. currently by RAW, this cannot be applied to a Slugthrower rifle. I suggest replacing this text with the text from the "Forearm Grip" equipment (same page, left column, middle) removing the heavy restriction and adding the Light repeating blaster element to the phrase.

It would thus read "This attachment can only be used on rifles, carbines, and light repeating blasters." which would make more sense.

Galactic Economics/Rarity

p. 102 col 1, para 3;

p. 102 col 1, para 4;

p. 102 col 2, para 4. This page uses the phrase "Of course" three times in rapid succession. Delete one or more

Rarity

p. 103 col 1 Table 5-1: Rarity Modifiers: All cells except "Frontier planet" and "Uncivilized planet" use world instead of planet. Change planet to world for consistency?

p. 103 col 2, para 4 "on the story and the difficulty it took to find them. The rules" change "difficult" to difficulty

Encumbrance

p. 104 col 1, para 3 " [setback die] to all Agility and Brawn rolls for every point of encumbrance" remove "1" for consistent style

Weapon Skills

p. 104 col 2, para 7 "dropped easily in a desperate scuffle. Cestuses, brass knuck-" change cestus to plural cestuses.

Weapon Qualities

p. 107 col 2, para 5 "a Gunnery check with all suitable modifiers. Once" remove " (Ag) " and decapitalize "Check" to match style

p. 107 col 2, para a " (Space) check with a difficulty based on the Tractor Beam's" replace " (Ag) " with (Space) , remove capitals on "Check" and "Difficulty"

Weapon Descriptions

p. 111 col 1, para 6 " neuvers, and his only action each turn is a Formidable " replace "an Impossible " with "a Formidable "

Gear

p. 114 col 1, para 4 " all variations are simply a matter of range ; some requirements can" add "variations" for clarity, remove -s from "ranges"

p. 114 col 2, para 5 "doses combined into a single application have a Hard ([Difficulty die][Difficulty die][Difficulty die]) " add " [Difficulty die] " as required by Hard descriptor.

p. 115 col 2, para 3 " the bonus to his characteristic ." "characteristics" should not be plural.

p. 115 col 2, para 4 " A cybernetic brain implant provides +1 Intellect and in-" replace Intelligence with Intellect

p. 115 col 2, para 7 " Possessing an immune implant grants the wearer +1 Resilience" immune implant should not be capitalized.

p. 118 col 1, para 9 "of small matters of loss of hull integrity is usually a good idea. Space" add "loss of" .

p. 118 col 1, para 9 "unknown atmosphere. A space suit includes small thrusters to aid in move-" change "It" to "A space suit" to avoid pronoun's conflict with reference to plural suits.

p. 119 col 1, para 5 "and requires Pilot ( Planetary ) to operate." change "(Planet)" to "(Planetary)".

p. 121 col 2, para 3 "difficulty set at Formidable ([Difficulty die][Difficulty die][Difficulty die][Difficulty die]) ." bold Formidable ([Difficulty die][Difficulty die][Difficulty die][Difficulty die])

Customization and Modding

p.122 col 1, para 4 "spends the cost for his new attachment, he makes the" replace "his XP and money" with "the cost" to reflect rules do not assign XP cost for attachments.

p. 122 col 1, para 6: "weapon. Some of the modification options have a number listed

with them, indicating the option can be installed multiple" change "after" to "with" to reflect layout.

Weapon Attachments

p. 123 col 2, para 6 " Base modifiers: Grants Weapon Quality (Blast +2) , re-" expand parenthesis to include Blast.

p. 124 Table 5-11: Weapon and Armor Attachments: replace "Armour" with "Armor"

p. 124 Table 5-11: Weapon and Armor Attachments: Under-barrel Grenade Launcher should have +2 in the Encumbrance column.

p. 124 Table 5-11: Weapon and Armor Attachments: "Superior Armor Customization" replace "Armour" with "Armor"

p. 124 Table 5-11: Weapon and Armor Attachments: Superior Armor Customization should have -1 in the Encumbrance column.

p. 124 col 2, para 2 "conceal this weapon by one. Reduces range by one range" change "on" to "one"

p. 124, col 2, para 2 "ditional [boost die] to attack checks." change [setback die] to [boost die]

p. 124 col 2, para 4 "Adds [boost die] to all Ranged (Light) checks when using this weapon." change [setback die] to [boost die]

p. 125 col 1, para 6 "Modification Options: Weapon Quality (Snap Shot) Mod," change "Innate Talent" to "Weapon Quality" for correct category.

p. 125 col 1, para 8 (Under-barrel Grenade Launcher): should cost reflect Restricted Status: "Cost: 2,000 credits ® ."?

p. 125 col 2, para 2 (Czerka "Firestorm" Under-barrel Flame Projector): should cost reflect Restricted status: "Cost: 3,000 credits ® ."?

p. 125 col 2, para 5 "over. This attachment can be fitted to any ranged weapon." change "fit" to "fitted" to match tense.

p. 125 col 2, para 8 (Superior Weapons Customization): "Base Modifiers: Grants item the Weapon Quality (Superior )" rewrite completely to fit in with style.

Armor Attachments

p. 126 col 1, para 4 " Cold shielding is installed in armor" remove "Like thermal shielding" from beginning of sentence as it conflicts with the remainder of sentence.

p. 126 col 1, para 5 "made to resist the effect of extreme cold by [Difficulty die] . Removes" replace "1d" with "[Difficulty die]"

p. 126 col 2, para 6 "Base Modifiers: Upgrade all Stealth checks twice while" remove "(Ag)" to fit style

p. 126 col 2, para 8 "Base Modifiers: Gives the item Weapon Quality (Superior) " rewrite completely to fit in with style. Should it also change to Armor Quality, a term not used anywhere else?

As a final note, throughout the Weapon Attachments and Armor Attachments sections (p. 122 -126), the Weapon Quality Mods and Innate Talent Mods are listed in the Modification Options of each attachment are inconsistent in layout. They are written as

Innate Talent Mod (Name)

Innate Talent (Name) Mod

and

Weapon Quality Mod (Name)

Weapon Quality (Name) Mod

interchangeably. One style should be chosen and enforced throughout the sections.

Pg. 110, the gear list entry for Heavy Blaster Rifle has the list price as 2000 credits. However, the entry for Light Repeating Blaster is only 1200 credits, and seems to be better in every single way. If this is not an error I personally can't understand why a a weapon marked Restricted, with better stats, is cheaper.

On page 120, the entry for Glitterstim says it gives you 3 boost dice to perception and vigilance. Shouldn't that be setback dice, since it causes hallucinations?

The knockdown weapon quality doesn't say what the rating is for. I'm assuming it's for the amount of rounds the target is knocked down, but I could be wrong.

And shouldn't the slugthrower rifle (pg 110 on chart) be a Ranged (Heavy) weapon?

When looking at the mods for attachments I wonder about the 0-2 in front of a few damage mods but also some others. What does it mean? I assume it may be the number of times that mod can be taken, but the text in the book says that the number after a mod is the number of times it can be taken.

SergeantVau said:

The knockdown weapon quality doesn't say what the rating is for. I'm assuming it's for the amount of rounds the target is knocked down, but I could be wrong.

The knockdown quality states that " unless specified otherwise " it's 2 Adv. I'm assuming the number is the "otherwise specification."

-EF

Jegergryte said:

When looking at the mods for attachments I wonder about the 0-2 in front of a few damage mods but also some others. What does it mean? I assume it may be the number of times that mod can be taken, but the text in the book says that the number after a mod is the number of times it can be taken.

I assume it means "you can add 0-2 of the following." So in your example I'm understanding that you can add up to +2 damage.

For example, the Blaster Actuating Module, pg 124, has "0-2 Damage +1 Mods, Weapon Quality (Pierce +2) Mod." Meaning you can have up to +2 Damage, or +1 Damage & Pierce +2.

-EF

Damocles346 said:

Pg. 110, the gear list entry for Heavy Blaster Rifle has the list price as 2000 credits. However, the entry for Light Repeating Blaster is only 1200 credits, and seems to be better in every single way. If this is not an error I personally can't understand why a a weapon marked Restricted, with better stats, is cheaper.

You can't buy a restricted weapon with starting credits. And in the rules for buy things on the black market (the only way to buy restricted items), the price you pay increases with the rarity. A rarity 7 gun is 500% base cost. Your light repeater actually costs 6000 credits.

Table 5-5 on page 110 lists Slugthrower Rifle as a Ranged (light) skill.

EldritchFire said:

Jegergryte said:

I assume it means "you can add 0-2 of the following." So in your example I'm understanding that you can add up to +2 damage.

For example, the Blaster Actuating Module, pg 124, has "0-2 Damage +1 Mods, Weapon Quality (Pierce +2) Mod." Meaning you can have up to +2 Damage, or +1 Damage & Pierce +2.

-EF

I'm not sure I agree.

First off, the attachment has a base modifier - which I assume is added after attachment has been done, the intro paragraph on page 122 supports this assumption.

So lets look at the Bowcaster accelerator enhancement (opposite page). Base modifier is "increase weapon damage by one point". I assume this mean that once I have attached this enhancement to my bowcaster, its damage is increased by one point. Do you agree?

Second, I can modify my attachments further, if I have the skill, tools, credits and know-how. The bowcaster accelerator enhancer also has a "modification options", which lists the following: 0-2 +1 damage mods - which I assume mean I can add up to +2 more damage. Or do you think only once more, as the base modifier from the attachment could count as 1? I think these 0-2 are extra above and beyond the initial base, otherwise why list 2 in front of an optional modification?

Additionally it has 0-2 weapon quality (pierce +1) mods. This I assume means that I can, by spending 200 credits, and doing one hard and one daunting mechanics check, give my bowcaster a +2 pierce quality, which comes in addition to the base of +1 damage. Now I could also go for another, if I wanted to try a formidable mechanics check to up my damage bonus to 2. … still I assume I have one more damage mod left that I can add… assuming cash, but mostly skill is up for a test against 6 difficulty dice.. or perhaps 4 difficulty and 1 challenge dice if that makes more sense…. not really gonna try at once though. lengua.gif

Jegergryte said:

EldritchFire said:

Jegergryte said:

-EF

I'm not sure I agree.

First off, the attachment has a base modifier - which I assume is added after attachment has been done, the intro paragraph on page 122 supports this assumption.

So lets look at the Bowcaster accelerator enhancement (opposite page). Base modifier is "increase weapon damage by one point". I assume this mean that once I have attached this enhancement to my bowcaster, its damage is increased by one point. Do you agree?

Second, I can modify my attachments further, if I have the skill, tools, credits and know-how. The bowcaster accelerator enhancer also has a "modification options", which lists the following: 0-2 +1 damage mods - which I assume mean I can add up to +2 more damage. Or do you think only once more, as the base modifier from the attachment could count as 1? I think these 0-2 are extra above and beyond the initial base, otherwise why list 2 in front of an optional modification?

Additionally it has 0-2 weapon quality (pierce +1) mods. This I assume means that I can, by spending 200 credits, and doing one hard and one daunting mechanics check, give my bowcaster a +2 pierce quality, which comes in addition to the base of +1 damage. Now I could also go for another, if I wanted to try a formidable mechanics check to up my damage bonus to 2. … still I assume I have one more damage mod left that I can add… assuming cash, but mostly skill is up for a test against 6 difficulty dice.. or perhaps 4 difficulty and 1 challenge dice if that makes more sense…. not really gonna try at once though. lengua.gif

I agree that the whole mod system is confusing. I honestly have no idea how it works, I'm just guessing. I'm AFB (trying to get one, reading a buddies at work) so I can't read-up on the Bowcaster example, sorry >_<

-EF

Page 124 4th paragraph. add armor to the list in the 2nd sentence that begins with "Each attachment…"

On page 125 it states that the Under-Barrel Flame Projector does 10 in damage, burn 5 and blast 2 but it has not been changed in the Errata. Find this wierd, and assume it was simply forgotten since the handheld and much larger Flame Projector had its damaged lowered to 8 and with burn 3 and blast 8 from previous damage 10, burn 3 and blast 10.

Looking at the Under-Barrel Grenade Launcher that makes perfect sense I just simply take it that the correct Under-Barrel Flame Projector should have stats closer to: Damage 6, Burn 2, Blast 2.

EldritchFire said:

Jegergryte said:

EldritchFire said:

Jegergryte said:

-EF

I'm not sure I agree.

I agree that the whole mod system is confusing. I honestly have no idea how it works, I'm just guessing. I'm AFB (trying to get one, reading a buddies at work) so I can't read-up on the Bowcaster example, sorry >_<

-EF

I also find all this very confusing. I would suggest a re-write of this section. I will explain more fully my suggestions in the equipment rule section.

Please don`t bother looking for the promised explanations. I find mysellf laking both time and inspiration right now…

Sorry. :-P

STUN [ACTIVE] p.107

Minor typo: inflcts should read inflicts.

WEAPON CHARACTERISTICS, RANGE p.107

Change Close to Short range.

BLASTERS AND ENERGY WEAPONS p.109

Second Paragraph: Change Close range to Short range. Change the last sentence referencing the use of a free action into an Incidental instead.

TOOL KIT p.119

Remove the word also from the first sentence.

ENHANCED OPTIC SUITE p.126

Remove reference to the Surveillance skill.

missing descriptions:

• sabbac cards
  • chance cubes

both of which should also have "crooked" versions, with the effects of them. (perhaps upgrading a die? or adding a blue to the gambler?

It would also be very useful to include page numbers &/or equipment categories on the equipment tables so one can find the descriptions easier

Rarity

p. 102, para 2, last sent

“knowledge” should be capitalized

Encumbrance Threshold

p. 104

Remove the “1” before the Setback dice symbol

Lifting and Carrying Excessive Encumbrance

p. 104, para 2, sent 1

“test” should be “check”

p. 104, para 2, sent 2

“Encumbrance” should not be capitalized

p. 104, para 2, sent 3

Change to “. . . up to a maximum difficulty of Daunting . . .”

p. 104, para 3, sent 1

This sentence should probably be changed to “Additional characters may help, adding their raw Brawn to the encumbrance threshold of the character they’re assisting.”

p. 104, The Example

I believe it makes more sense to move this example scenario to the end of the Encumbrance Threshold paragraph.

Concealing Gear

p. 104, para 2, sent 3

I don’t believe “Opposed” should be capitalized

Encumbrance and Vehicles

p. 104, first sent

“Ships” should probably be either “Ship” or “Starship” (or “Vehicle”)

Gunnery

p. 105, sent 2

“e-web” should be “E-Web”

Brawl

p. 104, sent 3

This is the only mention of cestus in the book. Should they be included?

Blast

p. 105, sent 2

“Engaged” should not be capitalized

Guided

p. 106, sent 3

“equal” should be “equals”

Knockdown

p. 106

The formatting is messed-up here

Limited Ammo

p. 106, sent 2 and last sent

“Quality” should not be capitalized

Linked

p. 106, sent 3

“Check” should not be capitalized

Slow-Firing

p. 107, sent 1

“Ion Cannon” should not be capitalized

p. 107, sent 4

“Rounds” should not be capitalized

Stun Damage

p. 107, throughout

I’m not sure if “Stun Damage” should be fully capitalized or not, but it isn’t consistent in these paragraphs

Tractor

p. 107, sent 2 and 3

“(ag)” should be removed

p. 107, sent 3

“Tractor Beam” should not be capitalized

“Starship Maneuvers” should not be capitalized

“Difficulty” should not be capitalized

Vicious

p. 107, throughout

“Critical Hit” should be capitalized

Critical Rating (Crit)

p. 108, throughout

“Critical Hit(s)” should be capitalized

p. 108, sent 1

This is an incomplete sentence

Ammo sidebar

p. 108, para 1, sent 1

“Star Wars” should be in italics

p. 108, para 1, sent 1

“Edge of the Empire” should be bolded

p. 108, para 2, sent 1

There is an extra space at the beginning of this sentence

p. 108, para 2, sent 2

“Quality” should not be capitalized

p. 108, para 2, sent 2

“one use” should be “one-use”

p. 108, para 3, sent 1

Replace “Despair symbol” with the actual symbol

Weapon Maintenance

p. 108, para 2, sent 1

“low tech” should be “low-tech”

p. 109, para 1, sent 1

“Repair” should not be capitalized in “Minor Repair” and “Moderate Repair”

Blasters and Energy Weapons

p. 109, para 2, sent 3

“Range” should not be capitalized

Holdout Blaster

p. 109, sent 3

Add the Difficulty dice symbol here

Heavy Blaster Pistol

p. 109, sent 2

Remove “weapon” at the end of the sentence

Slugthrowers

p. 111

Perhaps the description of what slugthrowers are should be in the opening paragraph, not under Slugthrower Rifle

Frag Grenade

p. 111, last sent

I suggest changing the sentence to read: “. . . have a pressure or “dead man’s” switch . . .”

Thermal Detonator

p. 111, para 3, sent 2

I suggest changing the sentence to read: “. . . have a pressure or “dead man’s” switch . . .”

Vibro-Knife

p. 112, last sent

There is an extra space between “but” and “one”

Poisons

p. 114

Perhaps this section should be moved to after Medical Ger on the next page for alphabetical reasons

p. 114, sent 3

The two instances of “Difficulty” should not be capitalized

Synthetic Standard Strength Anesthetic

p. 114, sent 2

“Stunned” should not be capitalized

Synthetic Standard Strength Neuroparalytic

p. 114, sent 5

“Stuns” and “Rounds” should not be capitalized

Prosthetic Replacements

p. 115, para 2, sent 1

“heart” should be “hearts”

Jet Pack

p. 119, para 2

“Pilot (Planet)” should be “Pilot (Planetary)”

Tool Kit

p. 119, sent 1

This sentence begins as if it were a continuation from a previous sentence

p. 119, last sent

“Toolkits” should be two words and not capitalized

Emergency Repair Kit

p. 119, para 1, last sent

It says they can be used once or twice. The next sentence says they can be used only once.

p. 119, para 2, sent 1

“mechanics” should be capitalized

p. 119, para 2, sent 2

“Action” should not be capitalized

Death Sticks

p. 121, sent 2

“Ixetal Cilona” should probably be lowercase and in italics ( ixetal cilona )

Outlaw Tech Personal Stealth Field

p. 121, para 1, last sent

“Formidable” should be in bold

Customization and Modification

p. 122, column 1, para 4, sent 4

“he is left” should be “and he is left”

Installing Mods

p. 122, para 1, sent 2

“toolkit” should be two words

All Weapon and Armor Attachments

Pages 123-126

“Hard points Required” should be “Hard Points Required”