EDISON

By Error 718, in Tannhauser

Well got this fig today and what an hideous paint job (if you can even call it a paint job)….what a mess, the brown 'wash' (is that what it is???) is just terrible.

It wasnt the paint job that slowed this minture down coming out……hope the german guy is a lot better

Yes, I was also disappointed with the paint job for Edison. Granted you could argue all base releases are less than stellar however I would note this latest release out of all others.

I'm no newb to pre-painted minis, but the paint job on my Edison is really subpar. The face has a black basecoat and the flesh layer just doesn't look natural. The eyes are jet black, they're WAY too big, and you can see the black through the region around his mouth and nose.

It honestly looks like he's made a Hannibal Lecter-style mask out of someone else's face. sad.gif

It also looks like they washed the uniform in black instead of brown, and it looks like ass. The gun paint job is sloppy, too. Just not the quality I expect for a mini that pricey.

Yesterday, I finally got Edison and I think the miniature is okay. While neither pose nor paint job are anything special, both are acceptable. In fact, the paint job is a lot better than I expected after reading what was posted here. Not unexpected but rather sad is that the miniature itself is kind of boring - just another soldier with a big gun. I can't wait for the Frankenstahl.

Well, I have no idea if FFG uses the same people for Tannhauser figures as they do for X-Wing, but there is massive disparity in quality among the X-Wing minis. The same might be true of the Tannhauser figures, but at least with X-Wing you're not stuck buying things sight unseen.