Obey the king against Catelyn

By Dustymcfly, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Hey there my wife and I are playing at this very moment and need a rules clarification for obey the king against catelyn ( low) out of hand ability and also in general for obey the king ruling so heres the question

can i use obey the king to stand a declared defender to prevent it from defending and also if i could do that would it work against catelyn ooh ability

oh and ty to all in advance

Standing a character mid-challenge does not remove it from the challenge. Kneeling the character is part of declaring the character as a participant in the challenge, but it is not a requirement for any character to remain participating or to count its STR in the challenge. The same is true if you try to remove an icon from a character in the middle of a challenge.

Once a character legally becomes a participant in a challenge - either as attacker or defender - they can only be removed from the challenge by an effect that specifically says "remove them from the challenge," or that removes them from play. Changing the requirements that made them eligible to participate will not "retroactively" make them unable to participate, or continue to participate.

So, if you stand a defender, you do not remove them from the challenge. Rather, you help your opponent out because standing characters generally have more options than kneeling ones.

Out of curiosity, how were you getting the power on Catelyn in order to make her a legal target for Obey the King?

ktom said:

Out of curiosity, how were you getting the power on Catelyn in order to make her a legal target for Obey the King?

Well apparently im a total noob and keep reading power as if it were strength ty for this discovery as i have been playing obey the king all wrong apparently you helped me with 2 problems ty ser!!!!!