Seduction?

By WizardThatDidIt, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Talents like Cold Hearted give a bonus to resist charm attempts and make one immune to "seduction attempts" (p. 120).

HOWEVER……..

The book never actually defines what those are anywhere .

Guess it was supposed to be a subset of the Charm skill, used specifically to, rather than get you information or turn them to your side, just gets you your jollies.

Aaaand possibly information. But that second part might require an Agility or Toughness test as well.

Asking "what does 'seduction' mean?" does kind of confirm a few ugly clichees…

I'd say it's exactly what it sounds like: Using sexual attraction to get something you want. Information, items, favours, sex, whatever. This will likely be handled by Charm tests - and if someone tries to use Charm in this way (rather than for example appealing to his greatness or just trying to strike up a conversation and appear likeable) on someone cold-hearted, it automatically fails. That's it.

WizardThatDidIt said:

Talents like Cold Hearted give a bonus to resist charm attempts and make one immune to "seduction attempts" (p. 120).

HOWEVER……..

The book never actually defines what those are anywhere .

In social science, seduction is the process of deliberately enticing a person to engage in sexual behavior. The word seduction stems from Latin and means literally "to lead astray". As a result, the term may have a positive or negative connotation. Famous seducers from history or legend include Lilith, Giacomo Casanova and the character Don Juan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seduction

I would think that said talent would work better on NPC's, as usually player characters are immune to charm skills by the npc's. Unless it is a some sort of mind control made by slaanesh demons.

PnPgamer said:

I would think that said talent would work better on NPC's, as usually player characters are immune to charm skills by the npc's. Unless it is a some sort of mind control made by slaanesh demons.

Although that's the way I run it as well (and honestly, the way any game I'd be interested in playing in would run it) I don't think that's actually RAW. I don't think anything in the rulebook suggests PCs are immune to NPC Interaction Skills.