Any interest in more unit cards from me?

By felkor, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

So I honestly thought nobody was really using my unit cards any more, but just saw a pic from GenCon of people using them (which makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.)

So a few days ago my FLGS finally got the Campaign Zverograd book and I picked myself up a copy. I immediately made unit cards for the axis and allied units (since those are the 2 factions I have) but haven't made any cards for the SSU units.

So my question is,

a) If I uploaded my latest file that also has the new Axis and Allied units from Zverograd, would you use it?

b) If I made cards for all the SSU units, would you use them?

I don't have SSU units, and I know there are already other unit cards for them out there (that are quite nice), but if there is enough demand, I'd go ahead and make unit cards for the SSU units as well.

felkor I can tell you with absolute certainty that we use your Dust cards in the Twin Cities area and in fact some of the FFG play testers even use them when they play. So I suggest going forward with your cards sir!

Yeah, you can never have too many quality fan made projects.

I couldn't get your originals to open on my iPad, so I went with Rodney's. However, looking at the pics, I may have to fire up my dinosaur PC and give them a closer look before I decide completely. Definitely do them if you have time.

I just found out about these unit cards of yours, I would love to get a copy of the doc!

Here's a link to the PDF version:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7EBY279BZSWNDk4ZU51V3REUEk

I have a Word Doc version too if you're prefer it.

This does not currently include any Zverograd units, but otherwise includes all Allied and Axis units. The cards contain all the stats for the units, with a picture of the unit leader, as well as the rules for all special abilities / weapon abilities on the backs of the cards.

They are not as fancy as the ones Rodney posted, but I did them by myself in a couple evenings, and I'm quite happy with them. They're basically just created by copying and pasting from scans of the rulebook.

I would!

I just discovered Dust at Gencon this last weekend and my friend and I both invested (way to) heavily in it. We where talking about how nice it would be to have nice unit cards like they have for tactics, but for Warfare.

I had just cut up black and white copies of the data sheets I printed at the hotel…was still much easier then using the book for constant reference.

Thanks SO much for these cards. They really speed up an streamline the gameplay.

I'd like to get a SSU set of cards.

I'll run a demo at Chaosludik, Montreal's miniatures annual event on november the 10th ; and I plan to field a premium SSU force to have an attractive full painted demo. SSU cards would be a must have for newbies. Meanwhile, if anybody knows where I can find similar cards please let me know. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hell yes!

It boggles my mind that Dust Warfare was introduced with no proper unit cards. Shame on you FFG! sorpresa.gif

Things have kind of picked up at work these days, and lately I don't really have time to even play this game, let alone make up unit cards. So unfortunately you won't see SSU unit cards from me in the foreseeable future. The SSU cards out there based on Rodney's design are excellent though, so you are not without recourse.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Yes, it's too bad FFG didn't create unit cards, but on the other hand, the homemade ones out there are probably better than what they would have done anyway (they are certainly more informative than the Dust Tactics unit cards.)