Need help to make Deep Faction Presentations

By Krisss666, in CoC General Discussion

Actually i'm writing new Faction Presentation with deep analyse of mechanics, cards must have and deck to be built.

It's from Cenacle Cthonien, but i'm thinking it will be usefull to post a traduction in this forum. Thoses presentation shouldn't be rigid and will evolve with new cards, so if new mechanics will appear, i'll talk in the thread.

The main objective is to help new player to choose a faction and understand quickly mechanics and strong cards.

To post efficient presentation, i'd like to have the help of english members to make a "good" translation..

Thoses are my link, let me know if someone (or more) could help me

cenacle-hd.bb-fr.com/t2439-presentation-la-faction-du-syndicat-du-crime

cenacle-hd.bb-fr.com/t2434-presentation-la-faction-de-yog-sothothla-clef-et-la-porte

cenacle-hd.bb-fr.com/t2432-presentation-la-faction-hastur-le-roi-en-jaune

cenacle-hd.bb-fr.com/t2431-presentation-la-faction-cthulhu

cenacle-hd.bb-fr.com/t2433-combos-utiles-bi-ou-tri-factions

Presentation are built like that:

Description (power and weakness)
Subtype used
day and night
card must have
mechanics
Core of some decks

I would be willing to help out. I don't know any French, but I can certainly help smooth out the English translations. I will send you my email by PM, you can forward any articles you'd like me to edit there.

oh wow. this is an EXCELLENT idea. and something i could very much use. looking forward to seeing it.

i wish i spoke more than one language so i could help.

Many thanks guys

But i'm in trouble with this forum : i can't acces to my pm because i can't update my zip code !

So i'll prepare an english trad as better as i can and let a dropbox link here, so when someone can make a look and translate it, he just need to tell me by posting. I'll post this week for sure

I'm unclear if you are asking for people to create new presentations or to help translate the existing ones?

I think what he's proposing is that he will create rough English translations of the articles, and he wants the help of native English speakers to refine the translations so that they will read well instead of sounding clumsy.

I speak a little bit of Spanish. Armed with google translate and a dictionary, I could (given enough time) translate an article into Spanish but a native Spanish speaker reading it would find it to be horribly written. It won't flow well like it would if someone more skilled did the translation, even though my general meaning might carry across.

Thanks dboeren, you're right. Thoses link are my post in cenacle and i'd like to make a proper translation, but the english needed to be well understand is not at my level right now ^^

Of course thoses presentation should evolve with your game experience ans new meta/cards, and when it 'll be posted it SHOULD be updated often.

I can help smooth out translations, but sadly my French is very poor so I would be unable to translate the pages entirely. Send me a message if you would like me to review a translated article.

I can provide a basic english translation if you want. It could indeed be smoothed out later on by native speakers.

Just tell me and I get started.