Duplicate pages

By blinkhic, in Proofreading Changes

in my version of the beta book it goes from page 112 the repeats 97 through page 112 again. It resumes as normal after that.

Ok, time to contact Customer Service! I have 2 copies of the game. One is fine. The other however, goes up to page 80, then jumps to 97-112, repeates 97-112 and then continues…

I've had this happen before in a book (though not this one and not with FFG). It has to do with the 16 page "signatures" (groups) that are folded then sewn/glued together. Sometimes a signature gets skipped or duplicated and put into the same binding. If this was a "free" beta copy I'd say sorry 'bout your luck, but seeing as how you probably put money down to get it I would hope that FFG would send you a replacement since that is (by all definitions) a defective product.

just figured out the same thing with the missing pages from 81 till 97, then duplicated 97-112.

Let us know how FFG handles this situation.

I'm really hoping my book doesn't have this problem. O_O

After reading this thread, i went and looked at mine and it has all the correct pages. whew..

Shipped books will probably be ok and checked before shipment. This feels like a issue that that is small and isolated to the GenCon release. Good news for those that may have the same issue as me, take pics of your book and go to the parts page. As long as you have pics of the issue, you will have a new copy shipped back out to you.

Thanks FFG. Good customer service.

This is a total nerd rage but I secretly hope that those in the Inflight briefing got the defected copies. Why you may ask? I paid my 30 bucks at Gencon to get my copy to find out they gave them away for free at inflight. It just so happens, i was at an FFG demo at the time and couldnt make it. Therefore i lost my chance for a free copy by playing one of THEIR games. They got my money…I dont feel too bad about that… but maybe just a little….

/nerd rage.

PS. i see a bright future with EotE.

Soliloquies said:

This is a total nerd rage but I secretly hope that those in the Inflight briefing got the defected copies. Why you may ask? I paid my 30 bucks at Gencon to get my copy to find out they gave them away for free at inflight. It just so happens, i was at an FFG demo at the time and couldnt make it. Therefore i lost my chance for a free copy by playing one of THEIR games. They got my money…I dont feel too bad about that… but maybe just a little….

/nerd rage.

PS. i see a bright future with EotE.

So, you made a choice and opted to play a game instead of attending the in flight briefing, and because others didn't they should have their books burned and be crucified? How is your decision making (or lack thereof) their fault? This sounds less like nerdrage, and more like a-hole rage…. :P

This is completely a joke (hence the tongue out thing), I am not being serious at all, but the op of this is kinda off in his analysis….

Again, not being serious,

$hamrock

What is the "parts page"?

I tryed this page:

More -> Customer Service -> Damaged/Missing Components

But in the field "Search for a game by title" it can't find Star Wars…

I have already received notice that a replacement copy has shipped to me.

LukeZZ said:

I tryed this page:

I just typed out "Star Wars: Edge of the Empire" and it worked out just fine.

Gobbo said:

LukeZZ said:

I tryed this page:

I just typed out "Star Wars: Edge of the Empire" and it worked out just fine.

Maybe a problem with my browser, yesterday it didn't open the "Describe Your Request" box…!

got my shipped replacement email yesterday! YAY!