Really Weird Investigator Idea

By Sinthioth, in Fan Creations

So I was playing a rousing game of Arkham Horror in a dream last night (if you think the real game can be mercurial, whoo boy, you oughtta see the Dreamlands version) and one of the most interesting ideas it presented was an Investigator that had really strange statistics. Specifically:

*His skill values weren't paired correctly (Speed/Sneak, Fight/Will, Lore/Luck), they were something weird like Fight/Lore ect.

*His skill ratings weren't in a steady order, they went higher and lower than the norm (there'd be something like 0/3/4/5 for one and 6/3/2/1 for another)

Do you think this is just pure craziness, or could an Investigator designed that way actually be made to function in the game? Does this idea have any merit, or is it too weird/different to really function in the game?

There is a spy in Innsmouth Horror who does just that.

Which Dreamlands expansion? There are two: one which has you foiling Nyarly's plots and one which loosely follows the Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath.

Lol I meant as in, the version of Arkham Horror I was playing was a Dream(lands) version. The board and mythos were all completely different and strange :P