Star Wars Dice App is up!

By ValiantOne, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Noticed the Star wars dice app is on Android shop/Google play. It is NOT free. Picked it up, it is pretty fancy, sound effects and all… Cost 4.99, a little steep when it was said it would be released for free… Seems to be a nifty little helper however. Gives a nice preview of the Star Wars RPG dice. Discuss!

Detail oriented and all that, no one officially said free. Jay Little stated 5 bucks, listed some reasons it wasn't 1 or 2 bucks, then threatened people with Stormtroopers. I'm not making this up.

jordiver2 said:

Detail oriented and all that, no one officially said free. Jay Little stated 5 bucks, listed some reasons it wasn't 1 or 2 bucks, then threatened people with Stormtroopers. I'm not making this up.

I thought it was to be free…my mistake. Thanks for the correction! Very funny about what Jay said, by the way…lmao

Where is it? I don't see it! Is it in the Apple store?

Nothing for Iphone users???

ValiantOne said:

Noticed the Star wars dice app is on Android shop/Google play. It is NOT free. Picked it up, it is pretty fancy, sound effects and all… Cost 4.99, a little steep when it was said it would be released for free… Seems to be a nifty little helper however. Gives a nice preview of the Star Wars RPG dice. Discuss!

Just a heads up…

Dice app includes dice for the minatures game, "regular" dice (D20, D12, D10…ect), and of course the Star Wars RPG dice.

:)

Is this available for Iphone?

daddystabz said:

Is this available for Iphone?

I don't own an Apple device, so I could not tell you. Not meaning to be rude, but have you searched the Apple App store? I found it (on the Android App store) under "Star Wars Dice"… It may not be up yet on the Apple App store, I just could not tell you. Sorry!

I'm not seeing it on the Apple App Store, unless I'm just not using the right search terms.

It is entirely possible, though, that the Apple release will take a bit. Apple has to approve all App Store products, and it took literally months for the latest edition of Shadow Era to be approved by Apple after being submitted.

I guess no joy for us Apple peeps. I haven't been able to find it in the app store.

From the vid I watched from Gencon i thought he said free as well. He did say "Android app", so they may well not have an Iphone version.

I love it! i especially like that it has the RPG, X Wing and regular a dice set. Everyone is complaining on the forums about the cost of these unique dice. I just got all the dice I'll ever need for $4.99.

Thank you Fantasy Flight Games.

Hunterindarkness said:

From the vid I watched from Gencon i thought he said free as well. He did say "Android app", so they may well not have an Iphone version.

The beta page on this very website says iOS and Android, not just Android.

Speaking of which, what is the Android app's actual name? I'm not finding it when searching with my phone.

NathanPButler said:

Hunterindarkness said:

The beta page on this very website says iOS and Android, not just Android.

Speaking of which, what is the Android app's actual name? I'm not finding it when searching with my phone.

It's under "Star Wars Dice".

MILLANDSON said:

Hunterindarkness said:

Well, crap. It looks like it is one that only works with certain versions of Android. Like with Shadow Era, my Android phone can't even see it in the store due to its OS version. I guess I'm waiting on the iOS version.

NathanPButler said:

MILLANDSON said:

Hunterindarkness said:

Well, crap. It looks like it is one that only works with certain versions of Android. Like with Shadow Era, my Android phone can't even see it in the store due to its OS version. I guess I'm waiting on the iOS version.

Are you sure? My phone is only at Android 2.2.2, and I can see it fine.

It takes 4 weeks for apple to vette an new app or an update to one, the google marketplace isn't moderated so you can just put things up instantly.

I actually asked while at the FF booth at GenCon and the response I received was that the iOS version was submitted Friday (the 17th) and is waiting approval by Apple. So hoping it will be arriving soon. Hope that helps!

My Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo hangs up all the time with this app… so… well. Hope they fix it soon.

Or rather, if i go into any part of the app that is not rolling, it freezez…

I enjoy the dice app. It is a nice touch that they have all the Star Wars dice (both for the rpg and X-Wing), and in addition have all the regular dice (it even has two different d10s for your d%!).

It's also nice that you can save different sets of dice. This way you can have a few often-used or complicated dice pools at the ready instead of making a pool every time you roll. It's also easy to add and subtract dice.

About the price, yes, it is a little pricey - but it's worth it. I noticed from watching the announcement on YouTube that the price for developing these apps are often underestimated. Independent firms or people can easily make free or dollar-apps, but to have a team of professionals working full-time on development is something else. The end result is also quite different from hobby-projects and is a good looking, versatile, user-friendly dice throwing app. Easily of the better ones out there (and I've tried a lot of them).

I do however also have a few minor issues about the app: On my Galaxy S2 I'm unable to use the shake function to throw the dice, and on most pages with text, some of the text goes outside the screen (about half a letter on the left and almost a complete letter to the right). Other than that, everything seems to be in order to me.

For me the app (Android) hangs when I go to sensitivity in options. Please, FFG, fix it :)

Not sure what the deal is with iOS, I searched under all of FFGs iOS stuff and it is not there. They clearly stated at the Gen Con Key Note that it would be both. Perhaps there is issues or something.

Oh FYI and he threatened a couple people with the stormtroopers… and the also walked in and delivered the beta book when it was announced. There it is up on youtube…

Cool video. I missed it as I was only able to attend one day this year. Everyone attending got a free copy.

EDIT: Oops I didnt see the second page. I see you guys said that it was submitted to Apple, so that is what we are waiting on.

Looks like the app is up for iOS this morning (at least in the US iTunes appstore). Just downloaded and it seems to run just fine on my iPhone 4S. Gotta wait until after work to fire it up on my iPad ;)

Nice! Thanks for the update!