Any pics or videos out there?

This image got posted on BGG but with no explanation:

pic1393793.jpg

Couple more pics:

pic1393796.jpg

pic1393797.jpg

pic1393798.jpg

A0bl1zDCcAAq0aC.jpg:large

Drool corazon.gif Looking like a heavy Axis troop carrier and a IS-5 with giant pencil, probably the SSU's energy weapon - Tessla. And a KV152, that looks better than the Dust Models version!

Yeah, I think that new Axis heavy walker is my new favourite walker (based just on looks.) Although I hope there's a new Allied one in there too somewhere… haven't seen much pics of Allied stuff yet.

$40.00 for the Red Guard Assault Squad please tell me that's for the premium edition because if not **** the prices just jumped up to GW levels.

It's gotta be premium. That's more than double the previous prices (and almost triple what the prices were a year ago) otherwise. If the prices actually did take that jump, I would say goodbye to Dust Warfare and move on to something else, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

EDIT: Just looked at the dust models site, and all the squads have that price tag for premium edition - I'm positive that's what it is (although I don't see anything on the tag signifying that, which is odd.)

The new models look outstanding.

If those prices are for the painted premium editions they should really have that advertised on the tag somewhere. Just seeing those prices are going to seriously turn a lot of people off. I know a few people that went to Gencon that are not Dust players and I told them they should check it out… If they walk past that booth and see 40 bucks for 5 guys they will just keep walking…. For the premium versions that price is fine… I just think they should be hyping up the lower price of the regular models and maybe put the 40 buck price on the tag next to it with the word premium next to it. It would get a few people to stop and ask, "what do I get with the premium edition?" Then you can explain that they can get the models already painted but more importantly, they will have the prospective new customer there in front of them and can chat them up about the game. Not to mention the premium versions only come the one way. The best part out Dust models is that I buy one box and get all three or four vehicle setups inside the box that I can easily switch between. One of the biggest selling features for when I've got others into the game was the fact that you got all the vehicle variants in the box for one low price and you didn't need magnets or super-duper modelling talents to be able to switch between them. Any Jabroni can open a Dust box and build all the variants in a row in the span of 20 seconds. I think they should be pushing that, not the premium models where you only get one variant at a higher entry price point and a much lower perceived value for your money…. they should be pushing the base sets… they will still have them painted up all pretty to draw people to the booth, theres no need to advertise the premium pre-painted versions right up front as if they were the only way the models come. Other companies that don't have any pre-painted premium models don't show their models as bare platic or metal… they paint them professionally and people know they will have to paint them themselves. You do the same thing, only with a lower pricetag and then add in after you get them drawn in "oh ya, you get the models painted up just like the ones you see here for this price!" Since that price is, in many cases, what comapinies like GW and Privateer Press would charge for 5 guys in their games and you are getting a nicely done paintjob for free, you still feel as though you are getting great value.

By just throwing on the price that is in line with what the big guys are charging for their overpriced game without adding in the fact that the price is for the pre-painted models and that unpainted models actually sell for this other, much lower price, people that do not know about Dust will walk right by, saying, "Well those models look pretty cool but its the same bloated price as GW… I know a lot of people are playing their games and I know the game already so I see no reason to try out this new overpriced game that is trying to go toe to toe with GW dollar for dollar and likely will not last as I'm not paying that big cost for a totally new game that might not be here next year…. pass…" If you look at the fact that a premium walker goes for around 100 bucks and even Land Raiders and GW flyers don't go for that much, people will see the awesome looking heavy walker with the 99 dollar pricetag and say, "100 bucks! Whatever…" But if you show them that same gloriously painted heavy walker and it has the 40 dollar pricetag on it, people will stop, jaws will drop, and you will hear people say, "I can't freakin believe that big freakin thing costs only 40 bucks! OMG, I can't even get a dread for that price…. not even close to that price… that's amazing. we gotta check this Dust game oput!"

AQt least that's how I see it… only having the premium prices on the models with no context or base models' price is a HUGE mistake IMO

I agree - the price tags are confusing. I hope things are somehow clearer at the Con (perhaps there are boxes beside the display case with the proper pricing at least.)

Those are the premium edition prices. All products have the DTPXXX number codes.

The people walking by will not know from codes… all they will see is a 99 dollar pricetag and keep walking… Advertising those prices are a mistake when you are trying to promote a game that is still very new.

felkor said:

Yeah, I think that new Axis heavy walker is my new favourite walker (based just on looks.) Although I hope there's a new Allied one in there too somewhere… haven't seen much pics of Allied stuff yet.

As of right now, they had no new walkers on display for the Allies, only a couple squads.

Thanks for all the great photos. love the new SSU tanks.

I see three man fire teams for the Allies and the axis. do you think the'll sell them in groups of three or six?

any roumers of other new releases?

Babushka and Matrioshka (grandmommy and souvenir doll) walkers - its lot of fun. Looking forward for Balalayka heany flamethrower :)

gamingdog said:

Thanks for all the great photos. love the new SSU tanks.

I see three man fire teams for the Allies and the axis. do you think the'll sell them in groups of three or six?

any roumers of other new releases?

I think all the fire teams shown are Axis. Not much new as far as Allies go at all, unfortunately (for us Allied players.)

The only other thing I know that's been confirmed is that there will be a fourth faction released next year, but it doesn't look like they'll be showing anything off about it at GenCon.

I think everyone's also expecting that there will be Axis and ALlied flying units within the next year.

I'm pretty sure those French kill teams and brit commandos are allied. there hard to see in the photo and for all I know they might be the exact same models with a head swap. which is fine with me.

gamingdog said:

I'm pretty sure those French kill teams and brit commandos are allied. there hard to see in the photo and for all I know they might be the exact same models with a head swap. which is fine with me.

I've seen a video that has close-ups of them - they look pretty cool. They have the Armor 3 body armor but with bare arms.

first impression I'm a little disipointed about the design. maybe when we get a better photo of it it might grow on me

Re: The non-noted Premium pricing: FFG doesn't seem to have its **** together when it comes to marketing minis games, Dust in particular. They need to learn the market.

Seems you guys haven't found the Battletactics.tv vids yet.

http://www.facebook.com/dusttactics

Great Close ups of the Q4 releases and the prototype Axis Flyers.

Also pics from the Dust Tactics Championships from Day 2.

Any of you guys have any info on how the Warfare Tournament on Saturday went? The FFG Day 3 vid announce the name of the winner but not what faction he was playing. Interested to see the break down of armies and hopefully list for some of the higher ranked players.

The new Gencon previews really have me excited to play more. Also looking forward to playing with all Tracked Support armies with Tankodesniki Upgrades.

-jay

alright, I was wrong. thanks for the link to the vids HuronBH. I thought they were going with a modern day predator drone look for the axis flyers with no cockpit I thought it looked too smooth and out of place for 1947. I see the detail in the vids that there is infact a cockpit and lots of detail. overall it looks pretty good