Baratheon - Worth it if I don't own any other expansion?

By SolennelBern, in Battles of Westeros

Hey there! I once owned Battlelore and liked it a lot. Then, after getting lots of expansions the game had become more of a chore than a game with it's neverending setup. I ended up selling my collection and didn't looked back.

I knew about BoW for a long time and was thinking it was the same as BL, long setup and short playtime. A few months ago I finally decided to buy the core set after craving for a great 2-player squirmish/strategic/tactical battle game. ****, it was a bull's eye! Great game that finally let's you control ALL your units instead of only those in one flank.

So, having learned with BL that lots of expansions was not really good, I hold up on all of the army packs. Having only played the first 4 scenarios, it's no big deal and I can see myself replaying them with no troubles at all.

I then heard about the Baratheon army expansion, which IMO is looking extremely cool. But I also read/heard that this expansion included scenarios and stuff that needed the expansions…

My question is: If I buy the Baratheon army without having a single expansion, will I end up with "half" of an expansion?

BTW, didn't used the squirmish rules yet and don't plan to use them in the near future.

Thanks for your insight!

Required Expansions for the Baratheon Scenarios are:

27. Raid on the Rainwood
- Base + Baratheon

28. Loosing the Den of Lions
- Base + Baratheon

29. Assault from Crakehall
- Base + Baratheon

30. Enemy of thy Enemy
- Base + Baratheon + Wardens of the North

31. Laying the Blame
- Base + Baratheon + Lords of the River + Brotherhood Without Banners

32. The Way of War
- Base + Baratheon + Tribes of the Vale

33. The Mane Force
- Base + Wardens of the North + Wardens of the West + Tribes of the Vale + Lords of the River

34. The Battle of Blackwater
A. The Crossing
- Base + Baratheon

B. The Siege
- Base + Baratheon + Wardens of the West

C. Breaking Through
- Base + Baratheon + Wardens of the West

Thanks a bunch for the info!

@ Lannister4live: Scenario 30 does sound as if Baratheon is fighting against Stark. Is that true? Is there a reasoning for that?

I'd like it a lot if there really were a few scenarios (or at least this one) where Baratheon is going up against Stark.

Jep, in scenarios 30 and 31, Baratheon figths against Stark :)