When your command section gets destroyed…

By felkor, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

Do you pick a temporary command section in your next round and then never pick a new section again (unless your temp command section gets destroyed) or do you pick a temporary command section each round?

I can't quote the page or direct entry because I am not Shadow4ce but to summerize you are forced at the start of you next command phase to nominate a new command uni this uses one of your orders for that phase and the new command unit only has a command radius of 6" instead of 12". This new unit can be anything you want including a walker (which is a good resilient way to do it often.

Yup, I know that. My question is, does that temporary command section last as such for the rest of the game, or do I have to nominate a temporary command section each round (and lose an order in the process), or do I just keep that temporary command section and not lose any orders for future rounds?

felkor said:

Yup, I know that. My question is, does that temporary command section last as such for the rest of the game, or do I have to nominate a temporary command section each round (and lose an order in the process), or do I just keep that temporary command section and not lose any orders for future rounds?

Once you designate a new command section, they are it, until they buy the farm.

Great, thanks.

The Core book says "If a player has lost the Unit Leaders of each of his Command Sections…" so, if a got an axis force and im playing two platoons, sturmgrenadiere and blutkreuz, can i nominate anew command section if the sturmpionere dies? Or the rule to promote command sections implies to lose botht sturmpionere and kommandotrup?

If its for only one section lost, can i nominate the kommandotrup as the blutkreuz platoon command section?

If its for both sections lost, then may i choose either to promote command section for the sturmgrenadiere or blutkreuz platoon? or may i replace both lost commands sections?

Thanks in advance!!!

You need to lose all command sections.

Then you nominate only one command section, which will command all platoons (with the 6" order distance limitation.)

Does losing your command section also make you lose your platoon's special ability, though? Some special abilities apply only to the units of a platoon. If I nominate a command section from Platoon A, can they do the order that is Platoon B's special platoon order? I believe so, although I'm not 100% sure.