paratroopers

By player684030, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

para troopers can come on table 12 inches from an enemy model can they immediately activate?

VelosaRaptor said:

para troopers can come on table 12 inches from an enemy model can they immediately activate?

It requires a March Move to deploy on the table. Which basically starts and completes (ends) their activation, so technically yes,they immediately activate by being placed onto the table, but then they may not activate again until their next Unit Phase. Prior to then, they may React and they may be given an order in their next Command Phase.

* Edited typos and for clarity.

But, if unit have Fast and enter on table by Air Drop platoon upgrade (Allies) it can move after deploy

Drag0n said:

But, if unit have Fast and enter on table by Air Drop platoon upgrade (Allies) it can move after deploy

I don't believe that would be accurate… it takes their march move to enter the board… whether they can move 12 or 18 due to fast wouldn't matter… it still takes their march action to enter…

Dont see any interdiction for that. Unit MUST use March for enter the table, but Fast is a option, so unit can use it after mandatory March, eh?

Id say no because the reserve rule is specifically worded as:

"If it chooses a March Move action, instead of moving, each miniature is placed in base contact with any table edge, more than 12” away from enemy miniatures and within 6” of the unit’s Unit Leader." page 56

Dosnt matter if the unit moves 6, 12, or is fast, etc. The reserve rule states instead of movement to place the models on the table. The Air Drop rule onlt allows for placement anywhere instead of a table edge.

and "…even DURING March Move…", so I was wrong, yep.

For air drop, no… fast won't give you the extra movement…. I originally thought that as well before I looked it up… but for a normal reserve, fast does let you get the 6" movement off the table edge. Just look at the rules for the axis platoon upgrade "lightning war"

"Scout" allows you to move 6 inches after the march move onto the table.

Only if you have reserved from another source like a scenario or "unprepared" etc. Scout either gives you fast or reserved but not both. So if you were playing a scenario where everything was reserved then scout could give this reserved fast movement. If not, scout could give you reserved, but you wouldn't get fast anymore unless you had it from another source. The only scout I can think of is a Hans walker and it can't get fast from somewhere else because it doesn't have fast and can't be joined by a "fast" character as its a vehicle. But, it could have the lightning war platoon upgrade that would allow it to enter from reserve via the "scout" rule and still get the fast movement off the table edge.