Physical Appearance and Non-Core Home Worlds

By Sythorn, in Dark Heresy House Rules

The random tables used to determine physical appearance on pages 30 and 31 of the Dark Heresy rulebook were never adapted, to my knowledge, to include home world found in supplements and other 40K games. Has anyone created tables for other home worlds found throughout the game library?

One of my players is playing a tech-priest and none of the four home worlds from the core rulebook seem appropriate when rolling on those tables. It would be nice to have a forge world option that included results friendlier to Adeptus Mechanicus characters.

Given how most Forge Worlds are like hive worlds taken to the even more extreme, I would say pallid, not enough sunlight, most humans would be on the skinnier side, "The Flesh is Weak" and all that. Things are bad enough in a hive where the folks in charge have to eat, let alone in a place where the head folks disdain such indulgences of the flesh. (That said, in some books, techies do eat quite well, this is the exception though, rather than the rule)

Just allow him to take what seems to fit his Character? You dont have to roll a die for everything, especialy such trviliality like the skin color as long as they are realistical.

FieserMoep said:

Just allow him to take what seems to fit his Character? You dont have to roll a die for everything, especialy such trviliality like the skin color as long as they are realistical.

Blue skin. Also, he has hooves instead of feet, and a long braid.

How difficult is it to read a whole post?

"[…]as long as they are realistical." And just as always the GM has the last word. In my group every chacater can look how he wants it as long as it fits his character. What the heck do I need a table and dies for?

Boss Gitsmasha said:

FieserMoep said:

Blue skin. Also, he has hooves instead of feet, and a long braid.

Hold on FieserMoep are you telling me your character doesn't have hooves at least? Your character must be strange then. gran_risa.gif

The Inquisitor's Handbook has additional Homeworld charts for generating physical appearances. Forge World has its own category in said book.

Alekzanter said:

The Inquisitor's Handbook has additional Homeworld charts for generating physical appearances. Forge World has its own category in said book.

Do you happen to have a page number? I looked several tables for such tables but couldn't find them.

as for the hooves or any other extreme physical change, you might create a problem for the pc if you are seen as a mutant.