Cover saves for units with multiple cover values.

By Mr_Brightside, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

I was thinking how awesome it could be to run Yakov joined with a SSU observer team. Having blanks for soft cover and always being in soft cover sounds like a good idea. But what would happen if you add a commisar to them as well? Would you just use the best cover value for the whole unit or have to specify if the wound would hurt certian models?

One other quick question. Said unit with Yakov was in a heli that gets shot down. Do they get a cover save if they suffer a wound?

All squad skills are shared with the hero.

I guess we can extend that to mean that the cover value also gets shared.

Right, but the commissar has a different value of cover than the observers. So do I roll and say ok I'm using the obersver cover, so if there are wounds they go to the observers, or can I just use the best cover and then allocate wounds how i want?

It's a single unit, you can't have different cover values. I'd say you just use the best cover granted by the Observers.

Mr_Brightside said:

One other quick question. Said unit with Yakov was in a heli that gets shot down. Do they get a cover save if they suffer a wound?

I don't know if it has been official stated, but wouldn't the attack from your transport being destroyed be considered a CC attack? Being hit in the head with the collapsing roof of your heli is about as close as it gets. I would say "No cover save"

I re-read the rules about transports, and it states that on a hit (when the transport is destroyed) the model is eliminated or a health is removed from a hero. Since it doesn't specify that this is a wound, I don't think that a save would apply to it. Just my take on the rules.