Your opinions please

By dutchy124, in Tide of Iron

My friend and I played a scenario he has created called ''The Meeting Engagement version 1'' One of the special rules of this scenario states:-

''Players receive one Victory Point for each Victory Point Objective they control.''

There are three Victory Point Command Objective markers on the battlefield. All well and good.

Also in this scenario both sides are allowed to choose any two Operations cards from the 18 available from the base game.

I choose ''Tank Ace'', which states:- ''At the start of the game, place a victory objective marker on one of your tank units. This unit gains 2 firepower. You opponent receives 3 command if this tank is destroyed'' I am of the opinion I should get an extra victory point for this each command phase round until the tank is lost and my opponent gets his three command points.

My mate says no, only the three victory command objectives on the board qualify for points in the command phase and that the tank marker could be any marker to indicate a special value tank. I disagree and say victory points should be gained whilst the tank is not destroyed.

You may say, well he designed it so go by what he says, yes I can see that, but, whilst I agree to a point, most of us don't know the designer and in the middle of a game we just have to go by what is written down in the scenario and if it is not as clear as it should be or if the designer had not thought of something then how do we come to a compromise? I think as a commander of an army I have to use all available edges I can get. He may not have even thought of that particular card, but the reason I choose it was to get that victory point each round.. Did the British say we cannot use the information gathered from breaking the Enigma Code as it was unethical, of course not.

What you do think chaps? Should I get a victory point each commasnd phase while I still have the tank on board or not?

PS In our game I did not get any victory points via my tank, but did say I would ask for opinions here.

All the best

Clive.

dutchy124 said:

My friend and I played a scenario he has created called ''The Meeting Engagement version 1'' One of the special rules of this scenario states:-

''Players receive one Victory Point for each Victory Point Objective they control.''

There are three Victory Point Command Objective markers on the battlefield. All well and good.

Also in this scenario both sides are allowed to choose any two Operations cards from the 18 available from the base game.

I choose ''Tank Ace'', which states:- ''At the start of the game, place a victory objective marker on one of your tank units. This unit gains 2 firepower. You opponent receives 3 command if this tank is destroyed'' I am of the opinion I should get an extra victory point for this each command phase round until the tank is lost and my opponent gets his three command points.

My mate says no, only the three victory command objectives on the board qualify for points in the command phase and that the tank marker could be any marker to indicate a special value tank. I disagree and say victory points should be gained whilst the tank is not destroyed.

You may say, well he designed it so go by what he says, yes I can see that, but, whilst I agree to a point, most of us don't know the designer and in the middle of a game we just have to go by what is written down in the scenario and if it is not as clear as it should be or if the designer had not thought of something then how do we come to a compromise? I think as a commander of an army I have to use all available edges I can get. He may not have even thought of that particular card, but the reason I choose it was to get that victory point each round.. Did the British say we cannot use the information gathered from breaking the Enigma Code as it was unethical, of course not.

What you do think chaps? Should I get a victory point each commasnd phase while I still have the tank on board or not?

PS In our game I did not get any victory points via my tank, but did say I would ask for opinions here.

All the best

Clive.

If I were playing with the rules you just posted I would have only played as the 3 VP tokens on the board as being counted for VP's since the special rule states that you need to control them , the token given to the tank ace is not controled by anyside (only the tank is controlled by a player) it is just a token to show it is diffent to other tanks on the board.

I agree with Aussie_Digger.