Adding the new 'free' cards to the Overlord deck.

By mistrmoon, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hey everyone, I'm wondering about the new cards that come with the expansion games and whether I just plunk them into the deck or whether I swap them out like the threat cards. They are colored like the threat cards but have not threat cost associated with them. It just seems odd, like I'm handicapping myself as the overlord by adding these cards because now it takes longer to get through the deck….. RAW it looks like it just adds to the size of the deck… THoughts?

You just add them to the base deck. Nothing says you can't swap them out for treachery if you really think they are bad. But most of them are good, and that free Danger is just awesome.

Besides, if your main way of getting Conquest away from the heroes is going through your deck, you are going to be losing consistently anyway. I think with my group, only about 33% of the time does the overlord even get through their deck once.

Thats a fair point, I mostly only play AC now though so in the longer Legendary dungeon, it does make a difference.