Pick up games at Gencon?

By danach82, in CoC General Discussion

I don't know who all is going to Gencon, but if anyone is interested in playing some pick up games sometime, I'll bring a couple decks.

It was a very disappointing realization that CoC is at the exact same time as AGoT, and since one has to play in both AGoT tournaments to get an overall ranking, and I am vastly unprepared for a CoC nationals tournament, I have to opt for AGoT.

Anyway, I still want to play CoC with some of the bigwigs to learn some things.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I am totally interested in playing some pickup games. Im no "big wig" but Ill definitely have some decks to playtest with. Ill be getting there wed afternoon.

Same here, I'm no bigwig but I wouldn't mind some pickup games. I'll either be around the FFG area or the boardgaming room when I'm not in an event.

I'd be happy to play some pickup games. I'm the opposite of you - I am prepped for the COC game but interested in getting in some AGOT pickups!

I just learned to play AGoT recently, and I agree it's poor planning to run both tournaments at the same time. There is probably quite a bit of crossover between the playerbases and sad to say Cthulhu will likely be the one shorted when people have to choose one or the other. At least Netrunner is at a different time - and I'll probably be playing pickups of that as well.

Great! I'll look for you all in the Cthulhu area if I scrubb out of AGoT. I'll PM you with my number so we can be in contact.

By the way, everyone is a bigwig relative to me. Although it'd be cool to get crushed by Tom or Jim or Graham.

I wonder if any Europeans are making their way to Gencon this year???

There were some last year, so it's not unlikely. However, now that Gencon isn't the world championships anymore I wonder if that will be factor for people considering an overseas trip to play in the tournament?

Anyway, all wig sizes are welcome, it's a very friendly environment.

I wouldn't mind playing some games as well.

Im getting to gencon on wed aug 15. Anyone want to play then?

I would, but I don't arrive until pretty late that night. Basically just going straight to bed.

kamacausey said:

Im getting to gencon on wed aug 15. Anyone want to play then?

I'll be getting in early Thursday a.m. after driving through.

AGoT DC Meta said:

By the way, everyone is a bigwig relative to me. Although it'd be cool to get crushed by Tom or Jim or Graham.

I wonder if any Europeans are making their way to Gencon this year???

I may or may not be able to grant this wish.

You guys decide on a time and place/area yet? I'm always up for some fun games.

If you'd like to play a game or two with me at pretty much any point during the con email me your contact info and we can see if our schedules line up. :)

I'll be there Wednesday mid day, and should have time to meet up. Haven't been to GenCon in a while so I'm not really sure where the best places to play are. Drop me a PM if anyone wants to exchange numbers to meet up!

Looks like we have a decent group willing to play some games. I've PM'ed each of you, but in general, how about we try to meet up on Friday evening after the AGoT melee tournament, like around 5 or 6pm at the FFG tables? Or there is Saturday after the CoC/AGoT joust tournies, since we'll all be in the same area?

AGoT DC Meta said:

Looks like we have a decent group willing to play some games. I've PM'ed each of you, but in general, how about we try to meet up on Friday evening after the AGoT melee tournament, like around 5 or 6pm at the FFG tables? Or there is Saturday after the CoC/AGoT joust tournies, since we'll all be in the same area?

I, personally, will likely have more free time post tournments saturday than post tournaments friday (got plans at 8:30).Though, I'm still developing plans for the rest of the con.

To busy getting ready for saturday to plan my gencon properly lol.

Everyone have their decks ready???? :-)

badash56 said:

I've got 2 (or maybe 3) candidate decks, any of which could get additional changes before then. Yeah, right :) I fully expect to be making changes after the practice tournament and maybe even changing to a different deck based on how things go there.

Hehe. :) I think I am set on my deck for Saturday aside from minor changes. I have a couple fun decks too for side games and the practice tourney! Looking forward to it.

badash56 said:

As of 6am last Saturday after a 12 hour playtest session with my good friend Rhett… for the first time in 4 years I know what deck I want to play for Gencon! I wouldn't be shocked if I ended up making a few tweaks Friday night, but knowing what I'm going with definately relieves some stress this year.

I don't have any fun/crazy/side decks made up right now, but I will before I reach the con.
Currently the best time for fun games will likely be late saturday after Nationals, but if anyone can't make that and want to do some pick up games feel free to contact me!

Looking forward to seeing you guys again/for the first time!