Loragon, Spirfindel, and Frodo Deck

By Pharmboys2013, in Strategy and deck-building

Figured why not make my first post on the forums my current deck that i've traversing thru the darrowdelf cycle with.

Heroes (starting threat: 24)

Frodo Baggins- Aragorn (Lore) - Glorfindel (Spirit)

Allies:

Bofur x2

Zigil Miner x2

Arwen Undomiel x3

Imladris Stargazer x2

Henamarth Riversong x1

Gleowine x1

Erebor Hammersmith x2

GIldor Inglorion x2

Gandalf x2

Attatchment:

Asfaloth x3

Protector of Lorein x2

Unexpected Courage x1

Fast Hitch x3

Light of Valinor x3

Forest Snare x2

Song of Wisdom x2

Ancient Mathom x2

Event:

A Test of Will x2

Dwarven Tomb x1

The Galadhrim's Greeting x2

Elrond's Counsel x3

Hasty Stroke x2

Lore of Imladris x2

Daeron's Runes x3

I think the three heroes have a lot of synergy together. Glorfindel can quest and attack (assuming you have light of valinor attatched). Frodo is the main defender obviously and can even contribute to questing or just taking on multiple enemies thanks to fast hitch. Aragorn is utility and can contribute where needed since he has good all around stats plus his ability negates the threat raises from the other two heroes.

Since the main heroes cover questing, attacking, and defending and can be used multiple times (depending on attatchments) the allies are there for utility. I like the combo of using Imaldrias Stargazer and then Zigil Miner and Henamarth Riversong is clutch when playing solo. Gildor is expensive but his ability is useful plus his stats are good all around (him being one of my more favorite characters doesnt hurt either)

I have a decent amount of card draw between Ancient Mathom, Gleowine, and Gandalf which helps me get the important cards like Asfaloth, Eldrond's Counsel, Fast hitch, and Light of Valinor. The extras in my hand can just be sacked to trigger Protector of Lorein.

So far this deck has been very successful but i am open to your suggestions or comments.

Due to the new errata on Zigil Miner i took him out and added Northern Tracker x2

I like your deck, very nice! gran_risa.gif

For soloplay I am running a 3 sphere deck with Frodo, Loragorn and Boromir at the moment. However, to include Spiritfindel sounds tempting indeed!

I am wondering - you have a lot threat reduction, but very few healing. How about Warden of Healing? Also imo 2x Miner of the Iron Hills is a must, if playing lore. It's the only way to deal with those nasty Condition attachments.

I've been playing a similar deck (for solo), and have had great results against khazadum and the dwarrodelf cycle. I think you're right about the heroes, they work really well together.

For comparison, heres my list:

Heroes (3):
Glorfindel (Spirit)
Frodo
Aragorn (Lore)

Allies (20):
2 x Henamarth Riversong
3 x Arwen Undomiel
3 x West Road Traveller
3 x Imladris Stargazer
2 x The Riddermark's Finest
2 x Bofur
2 x Northern Tracker
3 x Gandalf

Attachments (19):
3 x Unexpected Courage
3 x Ancient Mathom
3 x Light of Valinor
2 x Burning Brand
3 x Asfaloth
3 x Fast Hitch
2 x Song of Wisdom

Events (11):
3 x Elrond's Council
3 x Daeron's Runes
2 x Dwarven Tomb
3 x A Test of Will

yes i use a similar deck which ive named 'flight to the ford'…..very excellent combo of heros

rich

Legolas of Darkwood said:

I like your deck, very nice! gran_risa.gif

For soloplay I am running a 3 sphere deck with Frodo, Loragorn and Boromir at the moment. However, to include Spiritfindel sounds tempting indeed!

I am wondering - you have a lot threat reduction, but very few healing. How about Warden of Healing? Also imo 2x Miner of the Iron Hills is a must, if playing lore. It's the only way to deal with those nasty Condition attachments.

I've found thru playtesting that I really dont need healing too much. Frodo is my defender and he cant get hurt; Lore of Imaldris secures the rest. I've used Warden of Healing before but found he is prone to the many treachery cards that kill allies that only have 1 hit point and he was often discarded before he became useful.

I've considered Miner of the Iron HIlls and may replace Erebor Hammersmith for him since i've found i rarely have my attatchments discarded and if they are removed i have 3 copies of all the important ones (LoV, Fast Hitch, Asfaloth) so it usually doesnt matter.

CaffeineAddict said:

I've been playing a similar deck (for solo), and have had great results against khazadum and the dwarrodelf cycle. I think you're right about the heroes, they work really well together.

For comparison, heres my list:

Heroes (3):
Glorfindel (Spirit)
Frodo
Aragorn (Lore)

Allies (20):
2 x Henamarth Riversong
3 x Arwen Undomiel
3 x West Road Traveller
3 x Imladris Stargazer
2 x The Riddermark's Finest
2 x Bofur
2 x Northern Tracker
3 x Gandalf

Attachments (19):
3 x Unexpected Courage
3 x Ancient Mathom
3 x Light of Valinor
2 x Burning Brand
3 x Asfaloth
3 x Fast Hitch
2 x Song of Wisdom

Events (11):
3 x Elrond's Council
3 x Daeron's Runes
2 x Dwarven Tomb
3 x A Test of Will

CaffeineAddict:

Great list; would like more of unexpected courage but i only have one core set and personally dislike proxys. Question…which ally do u feel helps you more: Northern Tracker or West Road Traveller? I thought long and hard between the two of them after Zigil Miner was errata'd but wounded up with Northern Tracker. have yet to play with it tho

They're situational, certainly; I don't recall having ever used the traveller's ability, but often the 2 willpower for 2 is just the solid questing boost you need. but on the whole I find the tracker to be more useful - less so because of his ability, as Asfaloth pretty much destroys those locations by himself, but because of the 2 attack - even with the the unexpected courages, light of valinor, etc, letting you get the most out of the heroes, an extra 2 from an ally helps take out enemies you might otherwise spend multiple turns dispatching (some of the trolls and really big orcs for example).