Started playing and now it's ending…some questions

By zelq, in Tannhauser

Just finished my first game and it was fantastic. I can't wait to play again. Hearing that no new products will be coming out, I figured I should try to pick up what I can as quickly as I can. Any recommendations as to a general order I should pick stuff up? I have the original edition, not the revised edition if that matters.

Thanks!

Not having the Revised edtion does matter. Nothing released after 2010 is compatiable with the TH 1.0 rules.

I really suggest you get the revised rules $5 for the download (only way to get it; it's not in print seperately anymore).

With that get the equipment cards pack, they greatly speed up setup and pack selection.

Next you should focus on which faction you like most…

Like the Reich, get Hoss…

Like the Union, get Hoax…

If your looking for more maps get Daedalus…

Here is my quick top five, for new players…

Hoax

Hoss

Reich Troopers

Union Troopers

Daedalus

Check out the blog for videos on al this stuff, and find me on BBG for even more opinions.

If for some reason your not ready to move to TH 2.0 you're limited to…

Ramirez

Gorgei

Wolf

Yula

Novgorod

All other releases are revised ed. only.

Hope that helps.

I started to play Tannhauser half a year ago. Today, I decided to buy all available figures and expansions for this game, before they are all out-of-stock.

Yet, even on Amazon, the availability for the expation-figures is limited and some are still not for sail (e.g. Natalya).

Most important: Buy the new rules. They are absolutly worth the 5 $. They make Tannhäuser to a total new game with much more balancing and fun.

You should play several rounds with these rules and maybe decide to buy some additional characters.

The best,

Kala

Thanks for the suggestions. Started reading the revised rules last night. Definitely cleared up some questions we had about the game. I look forward to putting them to use.

zelq said:

Just finished my first game and it was fantastic. I can't wait to play again. Hearing that no new products will be coming out, I figured I should try to pick up what I can as quickly as I can. Any recommendations as to a general order I should pick stuff up? I have the original edition, not the revised edition if that matters.

Thanks!

Check this thread , it should help you decide.

Miah999 said:

Reich Troopers

Union Troopers

What are the main differences between the Troopers included in the cores set and the troopers in these sets? I understand that the miniatures are identical but painted differently than those in the core box.

The miniatures, stat cards and Combat and Stamia packs are actually identical, but every trooper also gets the "Command pack", a new equipment pack that isn't included in the core set. While all the troopers' Command packs offer cool new tokens, at least in my opinion the Command packs for the Shocktruppen and Commando Delta are definitely better than their Combat or Stamina packs.

The main advantage the trooper packs offer is the possibility to include two of the same trooper in your team, say two Stosstruppen in a melee-focused Reich team or two Alphas in a firepower-oriented Union team. That why everyone would advice you to get the trooper packs.

??! said:

The main advantage the trooper packs offer is the possibility to include two of the same trooper in your team, say two Stosstruppen in a melee-focused Reich team or two Alphas in a firepower-oriented Union team. That why everyone would advice you to get the trooper packs.

Thanks for the insights. It sounds cool. So you are allowed from a rules perspective to include two troopers of the same type in a team then I suppose? I'm guessing it's not allowed to include two identical heroes, for example including two John MacNeal's in a Union Team?

So now I've more or less made up my mind about getting Hoax, Hoss, Reich Troopers and Union Troopers as my next order. And then picking up Novgorod and Daedalus after that.

Right,

You may have two duplicate troopers or as many as the scenario, or special rules may allow, for instance Edison could bring four Commandos Alpha.

But only one of each hero.

Happy gaming.

If you get novgorod I would get the matriarchy trooper pack as well, it gives you more options (actual troopers instead of voivodes), also Oksana is a must have IMHO.

I would advice anyone who wants to play the Matriarchy to get Novgorod and play with the "basic" Matriarchy team for some time before adding anything. Especially Oksana is difficult to master and a team that includes her plays completely different than the team included in Novgorod - although Moebius is right: On the long run, she is a must have for every player who wants to specialize in the Matriarchy.