I got a 28 with a four player team :'

By Avi_dreader, in Arkham Horror League

I'm not sure if I want to submit it. What scores did other people get? Is it just me, or is this scenario very dependent on luck (considering that you have very little control over your equipment— outside of common items).

Well, like I said in your other thread - we had 9 points with 2 players/investigators.

In our case, luck played a part, for sure, but mostly for the worse. We had some good judgement calls as well... like when we kept being "revived" and losing half of our stuff choosing to keep the right items - especially in the case of the McGlen and his tommy gun, which he dropped in favour of the mystic sword (less damage, but MAGIC damage means he can actually HIT Shubby-Chan when she awakes - just in case... and then I think a turn later she did... and it came in handy.

I haven't played the scenario yet, but looking over the scores of my previous games, 28 sounds pretty good.

So far I've never attempted to maximize the score, though.

28 sounds pretty good. We got 26 on our go through. We should have had 28, but we got that rumor where you need to sacrifice two gate trophies. We keep talking about trying it a second time to see what happens, but we might submit the 26. it is a fun scenario.

I think you are right about luck dictating the score. There are a lot of rumors and even a couple of location events that will greatly impact the score in a 4 player game. That is why we might not try again... then again, it would be fun to break 30, and I am betting the scenarios are going to get harder!

Great job on the 28.

We got 25. Would have been 26 if we hadn't pulled the Familly is butchered mythos card .

Twilight said:

28 sounds pretty good. We got 26 on our go through. We should have had 28, but we got that rumor where you need to sacrifice two gate trophies. We keep talking about trying it a second time to see what happens, but we might submit the 26. it is a fun scenario.

I think you are right about luck dictating the score. There are a lot of rumors and even a couple of location events that will greatly impact the score in a 4 player game. That is why we might not try again... then again, it would be fun to break 30, and I am betting the scenarios are going to get harder!

Great job on the 28.

Heh... Thanks... But I might replay it this weekend ;') just because ;'D

dang, 28 for a 4 player game is good from my point of view...thats one hell of a lot of monster tokens you raked in. I got a 17 with my 4 player team the second time through and I had 15 unspent monster tokens.

Ignore my above post...I forgot to include the DOom Track and the Terror level...I got a 27

We had 28 too, but with 5 investigators. We had a hard time fighting monsters, the luck of the dice wasn't really with us this time...

But we had to keep all trophys, no time to spend them. We managed to close the last gate on the last turn.

Our 2 player team is lucky to survive let alone get a good score.

Attempting today! Still have no decided on chars, got to be one of the girl ones though, that's the law.

I've just thought, they might do a scenario with all boys!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

its called "roleplaying". Just scratch your crotch and belch a lot.

Well, we followed up our 26 with a great big 0. Ok, we might have won the final battle, but it would not have been pretty.

Our undoing started on the first turn... an eclipse darkened the sky and lasted until the end of the game (14 turns later!). No spells could be cast! Those two find gate spells we got... worthless! To add insanity to injury, we seemed to keep getting physically immune monsters. We had no magic weapons, and we couldn't cast any spells. Amanda Sharpe was running around with 2 fight +1 skills, but she was having trouble getting clue tokens to do any real damage.

Even with all of the bad luck, we ended the game with two investigators ready to come back to Arkham and close the last gates. A monster surge would have saved us..

And just to make it even more annoying, this poor family was founded murdered, raising the terror level in town.

I want to play again, just to remove the bad taste (Great Old One, it kind of tastes like chicken... really really old and powerful chicken) in my mouth.

TatteredKing said:

its called "roleplaying". Just scratch your crotch and belch a lot.

many girls I know do that already....

Twilight said:

To add insanity to injury

This should be the marketing tagline for the whole game.

Twilight said:

Amanda Sharpe was running around with 2 fight +1 skills, but she was having trouble getting clue tokens to do any real damage.

I was Amanda in my 2 player game, and I also started with the same skills! ... and... a deringer. ~_~ At max fight fighting Shubby she had 1 die to hit. (since the deringer became useless).

Oh, old old one chicken.. XD

Kozemp said:

Twilight said:

To add insanity to injury

This should be the marketing tagline for the whole game.

Good point. XD Also for this scenario and the next, make sure you don't add insanity OR injury... they're not in the base game. ;P

id go with luck, as with all the league games.

it seems to be that a win for us is based on how many monster surges we get, and how long we can let the monster levels ride....

but that's the 2 player game

We tried again at the 4 player game. This time luck was with us for most of the game... literally, after we all got blessed. Amanda was little Miss Second Chance this time, armed with Bravery, Marksmanship, and later Occult Expert. She was pretty good at the whole try, try again thing. On top of that, she got a retainer, and spent a little bit of time shopping for her friends.

Harvey was a killing machine, armed with a pair of .45s that Amanda thought he needed.

Even then, it came down to the last turn. We had 2 gates to go, 2 investigators in the first area of another world, and the doom track was at 10. We used find gate to close one gate early, and chickened out and used an Elder Sign to remove the doom token. It was a painful choice (no one likes messing around with those things better left alone, and no one likes losing a point either...), but it was the right choice. It turned out the next two mythos cards were not monster surges, so we would have lost without the Elder Sign.

To make a short story short, we ended up finishing the game with 8 gates closed, Terror Track at 0, Doom Track at 11, used one Elder Sign, and got a nice little pile monster trophys (ok, Harvey got a nice pile of monster trophys). Amanda did burn a couple of monster trophys to uncurse Harvey.

It was a fun game. Lots of killing, and we got a little higher than our original 26. We are ready for the next scenario!

I have to say we play each scenario until we get a decent winning score then we stop*, haven't got enough time in our lives to keep replaying.

*unless it was the black cave in league 1 then we gave up when we won with a 7. It was just too darned hard with 2 players.

Last time we usually just played one, but this scenario is both quick and challenging, so we have had a lot of fun trying it several times. My guess is as the scenarios get harder, we will just try to survive.