When are they going to release the SSU units?

By Panzer soldier, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

So I know that they are usually late releasing there product, but this is getting ridicules. The SSU heroes and the airborne transport & walkers are both over a month late.
What is the hold up? Hurry up!!!! The Ground Attack choppers are due this month, supposedly. I wonder how long it will take them to release that?

I think this is actually a really annoying problem with FFG, they announce new models way in advance of a release date getting us all excited and then let us down by delivering at least a month late than stated - happens every time.

I agree MM. Having been through the AT43 debacle i was really hoping FFG would pull this game together. I must say though if you compare the two games DT(FFG) is producing new items at a much greater pace than AT43(Rackham) did.

At any rate you shouldn't tell your customers you will deliver a product by a certain date, then turn around and be consistently late. This is bad business and to be honest it is starting to piss me off.

Maybe they are trying to stagger the releases so that there is not a 3 month time period without any releases. the next expansion is not due until october, so if they release the last 3 items this month there will be nothing new until then.

The interesting part is I cannot see any reference to the status of the attack chopper, walker transport chopper and a couple of other SSU units. Did the boat sink?

Algesan said:

The interesting part is I cannot see any reference to the status of the attack chopper, walker transport chopper and a couple of other SSU units. Did the boat sink?

I don't think it would matter if the boat sinks, as both are still "at the factory" according to the Upcoming page.

I have seen more than one game die because the company can't produce enough product to hold the interest of the players. May be they will produce Operation Hades by my next birthday in February of 2013?

the intresting part about that is the Hades stuff is now listed as on the boat. The other 2 choppers are listed as at the factory. Is it possible some Hades stuff will be on sale at GenCon in a few weeks.

Looking for possible Ninjas now!

Miah999 said:

Algesan said:

I don't think it would matter if the boat sinks, as both are still "at the factory" according to the Upcoming page.

Nope, those two chopper kits aren't anywhere on the upcoming page under "board games" or "miniatures". Not under "All types" in any category on the Upcoming page. In fact, all but one of the SSU expansions (tanks & infantry) are "On the boat". The last is at the printer.

Oh, how amusing, if you simply check the availability directly, they don't show up, but if you check through the DT products page they show up. By that measure, it seems we are going to get SSU tanks and RG infantry before we get any more helicopter kits.

I only hope someone gets the message, before the fever dies.

totally agree, just really stupid to put models up that are months and months away from coming out, the only release has been the animals (lmao) and the bigger misslile mechs for $99…….. there are still models from like 3 months ago that havent come out, ffg need to get things together am getting fedup!!

I think they will be released at gencon. Couple days and we will know.

It will be a very long couple of days….

The painted attack choppers are now on pre-order on the dust models site for 25 August, so hopefully another couple of weeks to gfo :)

Ok, good to know. My buddy plays SSU and he was wondering when they were coming out, I will have to let him know so he can get his wallet ready. I guess I need to get some anit air as well.

Even better news, the KV copter and SSU heroes are also up for order and all three now date 20th August :)

I couldn't find where it said release date of August 20th, can someone help me out so I can convince my buddy that it is true.

It's written in the text of each item when you go to its page.

It's about time about 50% of gameing group has already last intrest and moved on. I have to admit I am also close.

Panzer soldier said:

It's about time about 50% of gameing group has already last intrest and moved on. I have to admit I am also close.

Your gaming group lost interest because 3 box sets of units haven't been released yet? They must have a rather short attention span :)

Seblys said:

Panzer soldier said:

Your gaming group lost interest because 3 box sets of units haven't been released yet? They must have a rather short attention span :)

Agreed, the SSU is very playable without a ton of chopper support.

Well yes they did lose interest. Gamers are a fickle lot. Plus people expect good customer service, especially with expendable income like a hobby.

How many businesses promise the customer a product by a specific date, and are consistently late by months say in business? They also offer no explanation to the customer.

In short don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. As for being competitive you are delusional again. I wish I could play a game against your toothless SSU force!

Well when playing against SSU you need to NOT-use some units, like A3 comand squad, since the enemy force haven't got any. (will they have any?!).

And i must agree with P s on the marketing part of the thing. Showing : LOOK AWSOME MODELS!! SOON! and then telling us horny-dusters nothing about them for few months rly sucks. They schould wait with those until they get them on place, then start advertising. Now it's just wasted potential.

Panzer soldier said:

Well yes they did lose interest. Gamers are a fickle lot. Plus people expect good customer service, especially with expendable income like a hobby.

How many businesses promise the customer a product by a specific date, and are consistently late by months say in business? They also offer no explanation to the customer.

In short don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. As for being competitive you are delusional again. I wish I could play a game against your toothless SSU force!

Not delusional at all, just factual. I've played games and I have one - facts.