I am going to Gen Con for the first time and I am signed up for the X-wing Tournament

By Hrathen, in X-Wing

As many people have pointed out the game is getting released at Gen Con a day before the Tournament. And FFG has hinted that they might sell out. Having never been to Gen Con before I am wondering what sort of planning ahead am I going to need to in order to ensure myself a copy of the Game? The game goes on sale at like 10:00 do I need to be in line at 6:00 before the booth opens? Do I need to expect to wait in line at the FFG booth for hours? What is the likelyhood that FFG will sell out of x-wing on the first day before I get a chance to buy it?

I'm surprised that part of registering for the tourney isn't a voucher for a copy of the game. Then they would have a bunch to sell to the public, and a reserved group to sell to those who pre-registered.

There really isn't much you can do. The doors to the exhibition hall open at 10am and then it's a mad dash to the FFG booth. The best you can do is go to the GenCon website and review where the entrances are in relation to the FFG booth, then camp out at that entrance. If you have a press pass or bought a VIG badge for $500 then you'd get in at 9am and beat the rush but the game still wouldn't go on sale till 10am.

In all liklihood, I wouldnt worry too much about it. Just get in the gates and head (calmly) to booth and wait in line. Unless they really screwed up their logistics, there should be plenty of copies for the first few hours at least (if not longer) on day 1. If they do run out on day 1, its a pretty big screw up since all the sales at gencon (at MSRP) are sold at full profit (ie, they aren't losing money to distributors and and shops). Hopefully production isn't messed up and FFG plans ahead enough.

spacemonkeymafia said:

There really isn't much you can do. The doors to the exhibition hall open at 10am and then it's a mad dash to the FFG booth. The best you can do is go to the GenCon website and review where the entrances are in relation to the FFG booth, then camp out at that entrance.

The Fantasy Flight "area" -- FFG has seven "stations", is at the front of the hall ("Entrance 'I'"). My guess Star Wars will be in one of the two larger ones

Here's the link to the Exhibitor's Hall: community.gencon.com/files/folders/323915/

Link's not working. You can download the map through Gen Con's "community page". Sorry about the fuss.

Just wish you could go back and edit your posts. If so, Just haven't figured it out yet. happy.gif

I have found the map, but what stations will FFG be at?