My Dust collection - an ongoing projects

By bulldoguk, in Dust Warfare

SSUsofarjuly121.jpg SSUWalkersone3.jpg SSUWalkersone2.jpg SSUTransportChopper2.jpg

Not sure how to port over my current thread and I can't find it in here where I feel it should probably be so in the interests of keeping everything tidy and organised I will be updating here from now on!

All the current SSU finished now, check out EVERY FFG Dust release over on the webpage

www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/Dust.htm

Great looking SSU. Did you airbrush all the walkers and chopper?

Those SSU are very good. I like them a lot. Great work!

Yes mate, I generally airbrush base colours on there then finish things off with brush blending, generally just rust spots on the vehicles but a full colour blend on the minis as I feel it brings out the colours a little more and looks better on the tabletop

SSUCommisars.jpg SSUCloseAssault2.jpg SSUCommissarAssault.jpg

Not much doing on the Dust front lately but if the pictures from GenCon are anything to go by we are due a treat in the future!

Anyhow, got the Commissar pack painted up and decided to paint an additional Close combat unit to take advantage of their special ability, I now have double the shotgun trouble!

SSUAeroWalker1.jpg SSUAeroWalker5.jpg

SSUAeroWalker4.jpg

Finally some more Dust releases!

Here we have the KV-47 Aero Walker and transport. Couple of attack choppers incoming so will post when I have slapped some warpaint on them!

For more pictures of this and the rest of the Dust forces check out www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/Dust.htm

Excellent detailing. I like that the brightness is toned down to a natural earthy-look afterwards.

The town looks great, too.

SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter1.jpg SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter7.jpg SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter9.jpg SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter10.jpg

SSUMI-47AttackHelicopter11.jpg

DA da da da da daaaaaaa da da da da daaaaaaaaa..MI-47 Attack Choppers incoooomiingg…taaaake cooooveerrr!

Those choppers are freakin' awesome!

fantastic painting! very good paintjob.

Can u tell me how you painted those choppers and walkers? You mentioned airbrush. So u sprayd the base colour and then u put some darker colour where u wanted and blend brushed it? (what is that?).

How did u make the rusty/used/weathered effects?

alsowhat colours did you used on the green and grey choppers? Brand and colourtype?

Keep up the good work and hopefully i can post my SSU army soon :D

Hi umgrimm will try and sort a list and a few tips for you mate, probably after Xmas now as I am very busy, bah!

In the meantime…

Few SSU units sorted…

Red Guard Command Squad
RedGuardcommand_zpsf4efd6ad.jpg

Red Guard Assault Squad
RedGuardAssault_zpsd0b61e25.jpg

First Superhuman in Dust! Winter Child or Ironmanski as I like to call him :)
Had a few cinematic effects left over from 40k stuff so decided to stick 'em on for effect
Winterchild1_zps8c58df73.jpg

Winterchild4_zps257d1f23.jpg

Next up probably after Xmas now, a few SSU tanks and the new allied commandos and Legion squads

Axis Heavy weapon squads added!

DustAxisWeaponTeams1_zps57bde72d.jpg

DustAxisWeaponTeams2_zpsa93b898c.jpg

DustAxisWeaponTeams6_zpsb617b864.jpg

amazing figs!! great job . love the helichoppters .

Kill Squads finished, thats the last of the current UK releases finished, come on FFG pull your fingers out, I'm wasting good painting light here!

AlliedKillSquads1_zpsd6676037.jpg

AlliedKillSquads3_zps8d6c6987.jpg

AlliedKillSquads2_zpsbe0918b4.jpg

Couple more added to the growing Dust forces

Axis troop carrier/command vehicle 'Prinzluther'

AxisPrinzluther1_zps7ea2b561.jpg

AxisPrinzluther2_zps0d3323f4.jpg

AA variant 'Sturmprinz' armed with 30mm ZwillingsFlak

AxisSturmprinz1_zps1787c114.jpg

AxisSturmprinz2_zpsea65b2f1.jpg

SSU KV-3 M 'Babushka' sporting Dual Maxim Gatling guns

SSUBabushka2_zps2002afa4.jpg

SSU Tankhunter variant 'Matrioshka' armed with Dual 152mm ML-20S

SSUMatrioshka_zps4f5be721.jpg

Couple of Hortens added to the list…

AxisHortenHO-3471_zps00f5fa46.jpg

AxisHortenHO-3472_zps485cff60.jpg

AxisHortenHO-3473_zps37d6079f.jpg

AxisHortenHO-3474_zps86294793.jpg

AxisHortenHO-3475_zps7c57c541.jpg

AxisHortenHO-3476_zpse3367ff1.jpg

AxisHortenHO-3478_zps708adb4e.jpg

AxisHortenHO-3479_zps729127fb.jpg

Pretty Bada$$, Man. The pilot detail is great and the weathering/wear on armor & planes is supurb.

Just a small update this time round, Sergeant Victory, Panzerprinz and the SSU KV47 recovery walker :)

heroes1_zps7cf77f37.jpg

SSUKV471_zps173cb51a.jpg

SSUKV472_zps731ad81c.jpg

SSUKV475_zpsf06a1a32.jpg

Zombies….WITH GUNS!…..AARRGHHH!

New Axis Zombie Squads added :)

AxisSuicideSquads1_zps5744eeb0.jpg

AxisSuicideSquads2_zpscd2b0912.jpg

AxisSuicideSquads3_zpsc8e2bf85.jpg

Allied Heavy weapon teams, thats it from the current wave, guess I twiddle my thumbs for a bit now!

Alliedheavyweaponteams1_zps5528f157.jpg

AWESOME !!! everything looks great . love the buildings and table to , very cool ! keep sharing those pics…

AWESOME !!! everything looks great . love the buildings and table to , very cool ! keep sharing those pics…

Thanks chaps :) Heres a few more, the new SSU support options… SSUSupport1_zps691a418e.jpg SSUSupport2_zps04cd6a68.jpg SSUSupport8_zps44ef063f.jpg SSUSupport7_zps13ef6539.jpg SSUSupport5_zpsdc26e622.jpg