SSU Monday…

By mariettabrit2, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

There is a defense platoon that is the standard all around. They get 2 additional commisars to use and seem to be able to include all the minis release up until this point.

The political platoon is led by the commisars and can have an extra air transport for additional support. same structure as the defense platoon just different leader and support.

grenades are great. only 6" range but when your entire army can make mince meat out of a tank its a good thing.

I was playing some of the cc squads with the transports today and OMG it was badass. I can move 36" then deploy the cc squad in cc and get another 6" with their attack. AMAZING!!!

So I have had the chance of playing many games with my Axis against SSU and watch many games with Allies VS as well as played with the new Allies and Axis walkers. My conclusions are as such:

1) It seems like an interesting rock paper scissors can potentially occur between SSU, Axis, and Allies. The reason is the SSU have a lot of good anti vehicle 4 and lower options with widowmaker rifles and their combat flyers. Since Allies tend to run more armor then Axis (at least in my experience) this makes them a strong counter to that. Axis have a lot of good anti flyer options in their infantry 3 (Heavy flak and Recon grenadiers) and vehicles (we have 3 vehicle varieties Armor 3, 4, and 7 versions that are great at anti air long range). This makes them strong against SSU, but leaves them open to the nasty that is Allies anti infantry and sniper spam. It is not overly apparent that each army is a good counter to the other because their are builds in them that are very evenly matched and overall when you try to build a take all comers list with any of the armies it means you build a more balanced list to handle the other factions.

2) As for Allie walkers the rattler is nice but I think the Cobra is almost a must because of its disgusting Phaser weapon that ignores armor and can tear up other walkers. The only down side is its vehicle 4 and that can be dealt with by most other list out there fairly easily if focused down. That's whay you bring 2 in your list lol :-P

3) The Wotan is NASTY against other vehicles as well. Especially with sustained fire (which is how you should be using it) and the laser rule. This gives you a good vehicle for taking out Armor 7 Allies walkers. It doesn't have the armor ignoring rule of phasers like the cobra, but it has a slightly longer range which is nice and it has more armor (base 5 with an upgrade for cheap to 6).

Overall I can see both the Wotan and the Cobra being common in peoples lists in the future.

By grenades are we talking hand grenades? or UGLs?

CaGeRit said:

By grenades are we talking hand grenades? or UGLs?

Hand grenades I believe. Only Commissars have UGL's otherwise there are a handful of hand grenade units.

I ain't buying one more Dust Warfare product until they release the **** unit cards! enfadado.gif

paradiddlebob said:

I ain't buying one more Dust Warfare product until they release the **** unit cards! enfadado.gif

So never because it's literally two different companies that produce the models (which are originally for Tactics) and the Dust Warfare rule book…. Like how is it people don't get this yet?

The Wotan is cool and all, but I really want to know about the Flamm-Luther. How is it compared to its dust tactics card?

Zinger5656 said:

The Wotan is cool and all, but I really want to know about the Flamm-Luther. How is it compared to its dust tactics card?

Very Different since its a flamer and they work a little different in Warfare VS Tactics. Its got 2 flamers which is nice so you know nasty against vehicle and most likely should get one hit. It's only 40 points in Warfare too so that's nice.

I only buy Dust from FFG. Simple, really.

Denied said:

Zinger5656 said:

Very Different since its a flamer and they work a little different in Warfare VS Tactics. Its got 2 flamers which is nice so you know nasty against vehicle and most likely should get one hit. It's only 40 points in Warfare too so that's nice.

Plus the choice of two 8" attacks, or one 14" attack. I think only the Nadya has a similar rule in DT, not the Flamm-Luther, but I could be wrong (I'm at work and don't have my DT cards).

So what distributors are selling these models?

What models are available for the SSU?

Heck for that matter is there a list of models available for all the armies?

On the Dust Tactics support page is a list of models that are tourny legal but I don't know if thats a complete list of all the figures but it does list them by faction.

As for distributors it depends where you are? I'm UK based and the gaming store set up here is different than the states partialy due to store sizes so I tend to use on line retailers.