Healing?

By Anvilbrow, in Wiz-War

I've only begun to play and in a casual perusal of the rules I cannot find any reference to healing other than to say that it can be done where the book speaks to damage and the damage dial. I've also looked through the cards for all the schools of magic and found none that are healing spells.

Can someone explain how it is done or tell me where to look?

Usually you don't heal (healing will prolong the game, perhaps indefinitely). However, some card effect would allow you to heal/gain some life points. For example, a card that let you eat a wall and gains two life points; or one stone would allow you to gain one life point at the start of each of your turn as long as you are holding it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I looked more closely at the cards and found those that allow healing after your heads-up. After playing the game for the first time I thought death came awfully quickly (I killed my son in two turns- luck of the draw I guess he played a boomstone and I fireballed him turn one for nine damage and then he hit me with a lightning bolt in a corner and I used Lifelock and his own lightning finished him off- we played for about five minutes not counting the thirty we spent reading rules…).

I suppose more healing would stretch things out a bit too long.

Sounds like a well-planned Lifelink minding your opponent's vulnerability in not protecting his own Boomstone ended the game in only two rounds.

There, I believe, is only 3 total healing cards in the core set, (which as this is posted, Wiz-War only consists of a core product); these cards are one Healing Stone and two Wallivores.

Definitely try the game again, as the combo you pulled was pretty rare. As with any game, the more you play the more established and learned in strategy and knowledge you become so I hope this does not end Wiz-War with your son.

Although healing cards are rare, there are plenty of counter-spells or damage-prevention spells. It is all about hand management to get the combo to work out while maintaining counter spells to ward off attacks. Overall I think it is a fun game, and playing time would not be too long.

Yes, it is a great game, it not all about kill the other wizards, if you have a hand plenty of attacks and your enemy have no useful counterspells you can kill him very quickly, but he could have others kind of cards as useful as this, cards that put you in a cage while he pick up your treasures (Mental force plus stone wall, or two create walls) or that gives him a high movility so you can reach him (windrider, speedstone, powerstone, slime form…), or he could become very hard to damage (featherweigh, pain link, mist body, golem form plus bloodshard…).

You have to adapt your strategy to your cards, i haven´t played two similar matches, and never up to 50 min, you should give it a second chance it´s a good game to play with childs, it´s not complicated, and is dinamic and very funny.

Anvilbrow said:

I killed my son in two turns

Someone call the police.

;)