Operation Hades

By Loophole Master, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

New Campaign announced!

DT049-box-left.png

Underground warfare with new rules, new tiles, new maps, a superhuman one-man-army hero and a new focus on custom scenarios with modular objectives.

Colour me interested.

Interesting indeed. Power armor?

I just hope they get back to the Axis and Allies soon, I'm almost finished painting my Axis Army and I need more Lasers!

My bet is that Winter Child is Aircraft Armor 1. If that's the case he will be hell on the allies.

I would have guessed superhumans to be the first soldier 4 units. Seems to fit.

JigBakerSugar said:

I agree, I think this is our first armuor 4 infantry soldier.

The undergound sounds interesting, but as it stands now I think the Axis has the upper hand in a fight like that with the gorillas and zombies.

Well, allies have BBQ, Hell Boys and Hammers.

Panzer soldier said:

JigBakerSugar said:

I agree, I think this is our first armuor 4 infantry soldier.

The undergound sounds interesting, but as it stands now I think the Axis has the upper hand in a fight like that with the gorillas and zombies.

And just because Grim Reapers, Tankbusters, etc can't jump doesn't mean they can't still move 2 per action. Taking jump away doesn't hamstring the allies all that much

If Walkers can be taken (I just skimmed, so don't know if that was brought up in the article), suddenly the short range on many of the SSU Walkers doesn't seem so bad, and for that matter the range 2 on their infantry's SMGs.

Imagine meeting a Hot Dog there:D This seems a nice campaign but will that hero be SSU obsolete? Is there a cahncw we will be able to add him to uour Axis or Allied forces?

I`m anxious to know more about these 31 tiles. Dust Tactics crossed with Space Hulk, I like it demonio.gif

It sounds great. I definitely want it!

Interested in the modular underground tiles/mission objectives. Will probably trade the mini, though.

I think those won't be the big 3x3 tiles. The base will be provided by the posters and those 31 elements will look like cat-walk from Cyclone.

Agree. 30+ big 3x3 tiles would weigh sth like 10 pounds :)

Lska said:

I think those won't be the big 3x3 tiles. The base will be provided by the posters and those 31 elements will look like cat-walk from Cyclone.

Pretty much for sure. Hope that the posters won't be needed/present, though, and just the smaller tiles (including some 2x2? 3x1? 2x1?) will succeed in mapping out a subterranean complex.

Lska said:

Good catch I bet your right! This is well definitely change the game. I am glad to is forth quarter. I love new expansions but I've just started using the tournament rules and we like playing with those. Also learn SSU too much too fast can burn you out, but keep coming with cool new stuff I will fit it in somehow.

Loophole Master said:

My bet is that Winter Child is Aircraft Armor 1. If that's the case he will be hell on the allies.

My bet is that you're wrong. I'm certain that Aircraft units are not allowed on underground tiles. But we never know… As you all know, soldier armor 4 is listed as being far beyond what is found on Earth in 1947. The Vrill will certainly be the first units to have soldier armor 4. My guess is that Winter Child is an armor 3 soldier and since he's considered a hero miniature, will gain no benefit from being in cover. In the news, they were saying Superhumans have a special ability called Defense, (if I remember correctly) that should act like vehicle armor in DW. But then again, we never know…

sparkybrain said:

In the news, they were saying Superhumans have a special ability called Defense, (if I remember correctly) that should act like vehicle armor in DW. But then again, we never know…

Probably just Damage Resilient.

Loophole Master said:

sparkybrain said:

In the news, they were saying Superhumans have a special ability called Defense, (if I remember correctly) that should act like vehicle armor in DW. But then again, we never know…

Probably just Damage Resilient.

Guess you're right Loophole. Vehicle armor in DW works exactly like Damage Resilient in DT.

sparkybrain said:

Loophole Master said:

My bet is that you're wrong. I'm certain that Aircraft units are not allowed on underground tiles. But we never know… As you all know, soldier armor 4 is listed as being far beyond what is found on Earth in 1947. The Vrill will certainly be the first units to have soldier armor 4. My guess is that Winter Child is an armor 3 soldier and since he's considered a hero miniature, will gain no benefit from being in cover. In the news, they were saying Superhumans have a special ability called Defense, (if I remember correctly) that should act like vehicle armor in DW. But then again, we never know…

He could be right since the Superhuman does have some sort of JetPack looking thing on his back and the SSU strength is flying, you never know after all they did make there Artillery Walker a transport unit even though it makes no sense so why not a flying unit that cant use his ability in the expansion LOL

God I hope it does not count on those crap poster maps.
And if it does I hope they put out a new terrain tile set with the new locations.
I really can’t stand those poster maps.

sparkybrain said:

Vehicle armor in DW works exactly like Damage Resilient in DT.

I'm sorry I made a mistake here. Vehicle armor in DW is''X'' number of dice you roll to cancel damage, where ''X'' is the target vehicle armor value. So maybe there's possibility of a new skill for DT.

smith2332 said:

sparkybrain said:

Loophole Master said:

He could be right since the Superhuman does have some sort of JetPack looking thing on his back and the SSU strength is flying, you never know after all they did make there Artillery Walker a transport unit even though it makes no sense so why not a flying unit that cant use his ability in the expansion LOL

And we had the heavy walkers appearing in Cerebus where they were usless as all the objectives were inside buildings. This Superhero is pretty poor really, just looks likes any other man in heavy armour.

Well yes, and Tony Stark looks just like a regular dude in a suit of heavy armor too…