Units able to shoot twice?

By Major Mishap, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

Played our first game last night and played a rule that doesn't feel right. As far as I can tell a unit could shoot in the Command phase and then again in the unit phase, is this correct?

Yes that is correct, a unit that gets a Take Action order in the command phase has the opportunity to perform a single action in the unit phase - this can be a shooting action.

- End of Line -

In most cases, a sustained attack will be better than 2 attacks anyway, as it is more likely to get past cover and armor.

Units like snipers, however, should generally attack both in the Command phase and the Unit phase to give the best odds of the most damage.

Units able to shoot more than twice, if it take a few Take Action orders. Then, unit can take Regroup Order and React with shooting. And it caon shoot in normal activation once.

A u nit can only take one order (whether it be take action or regroup) in the Command Phase.

However, you're correct, with reactions, it's possible for a unit to shoot 3 times in a turn.

oh, right, my mistake. But its only 2 action then, after first order or reaction unit take Reaction marker and can shoot only once, in activation, isnt it?

felkor said:

A u nit can only take one order (whether it be take action or regroup) in the Command Phase.

However, you're correct, with reactions, it's possible for a unit to shoot 3 times in a turn.

felkor said:

How do you shoot 3 time ? if you shoot in the command phase you get a reaction… you can only shoot once more… maybe I am missing something ?

Whoops, my bad. You're right - if you shoot in the Command Phase, you can't react later on. So only 2 times, max.