necromunda

By yeahgday, in Only War

ok so Iv'e searched the message boards and I couldn't see anything on the subject, but with only war out, could that mean that the next rpg would be one about hive gangers?…..

… Please ;-)

Honestly? You could totally just use the Only War game for that -it's got Gang Leaders, heavies, normal gangers, Ratling snipers… all you need!

There's already a really good Hive Ganger game out there, by GW. It's set on Necromunda. I just can't remember its name…

Lightbringer said:

There's already a really good Hive Ganger game out there, by GW. It's set on Necromunda. I just can't remember its name…

Yes, because a mini's skirmish game is the same thing as an RPG.

As a thought, couldn't you just play either Dark Heresy or Only War, but with a mafia don or chief of police (depending on which side of the law you want to be) telling you what to do rather than an inquisitor or a colonel? I am sure with a sympathetic use of elite advances either game (well, I can't say for OW, but DH certainly) could do very well. I also imagine, at a bit of a push, you could use Rogue Trader to play a game focussed on Necromunda guilder families (either by switching a lot of the space skills for land based one - i.e. navigation (underhive) for navigation (stellar), or just give out XP to replace them with something more pertinent).

I have tried playing DH just as a standard 40K RPG (i.e. just playing fairly average people running around on a planet without any inquisitors involved) and it worked more than well enough. A bit more work, as there were no published adventures, but it was fine.

Just a thought…

All bet,

David.

It would be good to see a miny Game supliment for HD bassed on Hive Sibellus or Tarsus. The gangs and low level weapons and the enforcers. It would be good to try.

Cortez said:

It would be good to see a miny Game supliment for HD bassed on Hive Sibellus or Tarsus. The gangs and low level weapons and the enforcers. It would be good to try.

This would be the best way to do it: so that it works both as a stand-alone game, and as a supplement to an existing game.

Necromunda card game, please! Or expansion for Relic...

Did you even read any of the three threads you posted in...?