Netrunner has been added to the World Championship Weekend!

By JerusalemJones, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3405

According to the article, Android: Netrunner will have an event at the World Championship Weekend, Nov 9-11. I'm excited about this, as I can possibly make this event as opposed to Gen Con. It also shows that FFG feels the game will have a strong player base, and they are throwing additional support for the game right out of the starting gate.

Here's hoping to meet many of you fellow players this fall!

Hi all, if i understand right it is an event during the WCW but it is not the Android Netrunner World Championship right ?

As I read it, ALL the events on the world championship weekend are world championships. So yes, this would be the first Netrunner world championship.

ChaosChild said:

As I read it, ALL the events on the world championship weekend are world championships. So yes, this would be the first Netrunner world championship.

android: Netrunner world Championship ;)

The winner of this event will be crowned "Best Android:Netrunner Player In The World Who Had Time In November To Fly Up To Minneapolis".

Big Head Zach said:

The winner of this event will be crowned "Best Android:Netrunner Player In The World Who Had Time In November To Fly Up To Minneapolis".

…and didn't want to play in one of the other championships that were all going on simultaneously.

Big Head Zach said:

As opposed to all the other world championships in any game and any sport that occur in a time and place of the participants' choosing? Of course you've gotta show up to win. :-P

I can't believe that they are not holding this event at the time and place of my choosing.

mkultra said:

I can't believe that they are not holding this event at the time and place of my choosing.

Such as a highly-well-known and publically accessible convention where gamers are already intending to be at?

Unless there's enough prize money involved to cover my travel costs and then some, I could never see myself traveling JUST for a tournament. But that's me.