Finally selling a huge, black-border collection.

By BloodHelmet, in CoC Trade Forum

I had posted a while back (and have gotten a few emails in the mean time) about selling my collection. Unfortunately, I was still in the process of sorting and cataloging my collection and the release of my band's album and two subsequent back surgeries prevented me from getting everything done.

The day is finally on the horizon. I've got several of my cards sorted and cataloged and I'm progressing quickly through the rest.

I'll probably end up putting all or most of the collection on eBay as that seems like the most fair way to do this, but I need some input. Basically, would it be more helpful to those who might want my cards if I were to sell the collection in larger or smaller lots?

Example (which would you prefer?):

Idea 1:

Auction 1: A sealed Yithian Deck.

Auction 2: An unsealed, NM Yithian Deck.

Auction 3: A set of Unspeakable Tales rares.

Auction 4: A set of Unspeakable Tales rares.

Auction 5: A set of Unspeakable Tales rares except 15, 71, 126, 145.

Auction 6: A set of Unspeakable Tales uncommons.

Auction 7: A set of Unspeakable Tales uncommons.

etc.

OR

Idea 2:

Auction 1: A sealed Yithian Deck, a playset (x3) of all rarities of Unspeakable Tales (except 2x 15, 71, 126, 145), a playset of…

Auction 2: An unsealed, NM Yithian Deck, a playset (x3) of commons and uncommons of Unspeakable Tales, a playset of commons…

etc.

OR

Some other method?

I'm open to suggestions--I remember wishing that I could just find a single auction with complete playsets of cards back in the day, but I also enjoyed collecting the cards pack by pack and trade by trade. What makes the most sense for today's LCG players?

I figured I'd start posting what I've got here. I'll update this as I get more cards sorted. Note that all my cards are M/NM unless otherwise marked (I'm extremely anal about card quality so, while some of the CoC CCG cards were historically dinged up--by the collector tins or packaging they came in and what-not--all the cards in my collection are in fresh-from-the-pack condition).

Yithan Deck--Complete (sealed)

Yithian Deck--Complete (unsealed, M/NM)

Yithian Deck--Complete (unsealed, sleeved, M/NM)

2x Miscatonic Faction Special Edition Stone Domains

2x Syndicate Faction Special Edition Stone Domains

1x Sealed Booster Box Unspeakable Tales

1x Sealed Booster Box Eldritch Edition

1x Sealed Booster Box Masks of Nyarlathotep

Arkham Edition Promos 3x Complete Set (1-13) EXCEPT 2x 4, 9, 10 and 1x 11, 13

Eldritch Edition Promos 3x Complete Set (1-16) EXCEPT 0x 10, 11 and 2x 2, 7 and 1x 4, 6, 8

Arkham Edition Premium Starter Exclusives (I: 6,12,18,19,20 and M: 4,13,15,22,24): 3x Complete set, 1x Complete set

3x Sealed Conspiracies of Chaos Asylum Pack III

2x Sealed Twilight Horror Asylum Pack LCG

4x Black-border, factory demo decks

1x Preconstructed Investigator Deck (Arkham Edition)

1x Sealed Collector's Card Tin with promos inside

2x Unsealed, empty Collector's Card Tins (NM/EX)

1x 50-pack of FF card sleeves with Cthulhu image on them

Spawn of Madness Asylum Pack 1 sets: (3x Complete), (1x Complete), (3x Odd), (1x Odd), (1x Odd), (1x Even)

Kingsport Dreams Asylum Pack 2 sets: (3x Complete), (1x Complete), (3x Even), (3x Even), (1x Even), (1x Even)

Conspiracies of Chaos Asylum Pack 3 sets: (3x Complete), (1x Complete), (3x Odd), (3x Odd), (1x Odd), (1x Odd)

Unspeakable Tales sets: (Complete x3 except 2x R15, R71, R126, R145), (Uncom/Com set x3), (Uncom x3 except 2x 17,47), (Uncom x1 except 17,27,47,65,79), Uncommon lot--M/NM, Uncommon lot NM/EX

Ah welcome back. It's been quite awhile. Sorry to hear about the back surgery stuff but good to hear about the album.

Sadly, I am no longer on the market for a massive amount of CCG era cards. Just cannot afford it anymore. You are still on my friends list though, so give me a PM.

I think "Idea #1" would be the best as you get the widest margin of interest and likely the highest amount of profit.

For example, I am interested in a Yithian deck, but am not interested in hardly anything else, so if I had to bid high because of the extras then I likely would not bid at all.

The first idea also allows people to be more specific in what they gather, and allows more people to gather their specific needs rather than potentially also getting more cards that they do not need but someone else might.

My two centavos.

Hiya,

I'm after a Yithian deck and the Arkham edition promos no. 10 and 13 (nameless city and the black man)

I may be willing to have your children(and I'm a dude!) if you can help.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

Mik

mikmor73-at-hotmail-dot-com

Hi,

I will be also interested by a Yithian deck, promos, Arkham premium cards, etc…

From my point of view, as a collector, I would suggest to sell sets separately, and with 1 only of each card.

It is enough for me and I would not use the extras (except for future trades) and it would lower the shipping cost (international) so it would allow me a bigger flexibility on budget for the cards themselves. Of course, a player won't have the same view as he may want several times some cards…

Cheers

Thanks so much for the recommendations! It looks like I'll be breaking up the lots! One last question:

When is best for everyone? Do people want to buy immediately and try to get their cards before GenCon? I live in Indy, so if anyone is travelling to GenCon and wants to save shipping, they could pick their stuff up there. Of course, neither summer nor GenCon are cheap so if everyone's money is tight right now, I could hold off and put the cards up for sale later in the year.

All input is appreciated!

Personally, the longer you hold off the less likely people will buy them. When you announce that you have something to sell is the time to sell it, not later.

The date of Gen Con is quite irrelevant to me and holds no sway over my decision.

That makes sense! I've got a few more sets to sort and catalog and I'll start scheduling auctions! Thanks, everyone for the help!

Hi there !

By all means, when you get thoses collections up for sale, please keep me posted !

I'm REALLY interested in them.

Thanks !

so do I ! :)

gil dot enar at free dot fr

Thanks

Thanks for all the input and interest! I'll be posting the first set of auctions on Sunday, July 15. They will last for a week and when they end, a second set will be scheduled and then a third, etc.. This seems like the best way to make sure that no one is ambushed, that I have time to sort and send the orders, and to make sure that if someone wants a whole lot of my cards, they'll have a few weeks to spread the purchases. Again, input is always welcome.

NOTE: I will be spending the weekend cataloging my Masks, Eldritch, Arkham, and Relics sets, so hopefully there will be an additional "Complete set of ____" for each black border edition and expansion.
ALSO NOTE: I have complete playsets (x3) of most of the sets here and even more of the commons and uncommons, so if you're trying to build playsets, you can grab the July 15 sets and then check back in on the 22nd when the next set of auctions comes out. I also have additional sealed product, tokens, stone domains, and other items which I will be putting out in future auctions as well.

Here's what I'm scheduling for the July 15-22 actions SO FAR:

Sealed product:

Yithian Deck
Twilight Horror Asylum Pack LCG
Arkham Edition Pre-constructed Investigator Deck
Call of Cthulhu CCG Collector Card Tin with Promos
50-pack of Fantasy Flight card sleeves with Cthulhu image

Sorted product (all my cards are M/NM--I was nuts about quality):

Arkham Edition Promos 1-13 complete set
Eldritch Edition Promos 1-16 complete set EXCEPT 10, 11
Eldritch Edition Premium Starter (not the complete starter, just a set of the exclusives)
Conspiracies of Chaos Asylum Pack III complete set
Kingsport Dreams Asylum Pack II complete set
Spawn of Madness Asylum Pack I complete set
Unspeakable Tales complete set
Forgotten Cities complete set

REALLY special stuff:

Limited edition Miscatonic University faction stone domain
Limited edition Syndicate faction stone domain
Sets of original faction tokens--divided by faction

I also have four old school demo decks which were given to Servitors back in the day. They have no rare or exclusive cards in them and I wouldn't feel comfortable taking anyone's money for them, so I'll be dropping them (as well as some extra promos and other things that don't fit neatly into auctionable sets) into the boxes when people order multiple auctions. If you've got any questions or suggestions, post them here! I'll keep everyone updated!

The first set(ish) of auctions are up! eBay would only let me list 10 auctions at a time so that's all we have so far. I got my seller limit increased, though, so I'll be listing more tomorrow so that all the auctions end on Sunday. I'll also be adding pictures and improving the description of the items in the auctions over the course of the week. Anyway, here are the links:

Sealed Yithian deck: http://bit.ly/LUNYo0

Conspiracies of Chaos (Asylum Pack III) complete set x1: http://bit.ly/NcPJwD

Kingsport Dreams (Asylum Pack II) complete set x1: http://bit.ly/NwH2dQ

Spawn of Madness (Asylum Pack I) complete set x1: http://bit.ly/LsAyxU

Arkham Edition Promo Cards complete set (1-13) x1: http://bit.ly/Mzj3aq

Eldritch Edition Promo Cards set (1-9, 12-15) x1: http://bit.ly/MAeRbp

Eldritch Edition Premium Starter Exclusives set x1: http://bit.ly/M3f3Rg

Unspeakable Tales complete set x1: http://bit.ly/NDkWmW

Forbidden Relics complete set x1: http://bit.ly/O3NRTh

Masks of Nyarlathotep complete set x1: http://bit.ly/NwHI2H

I got the second half of the auctions (including all the really special, limited edition stuff like stone domains and success tokens) up! I'm going to post all the links on a new thread in a day or two (and it should include one additional auction for an Arkham Edition complete set), but here's the second half of the auctions (they all end Sunday evening Eastern Time):

Eldritch Edition complete set x1

Forgotten Cities complete set x1

Miscatonic STONE DOMAIN

Syndicate STONE DOMAIN

25 Agency Faction success tokens

25 Miscatonic Faction success tokens

25 Syndicate Faction success tokens

25 Cthulhu Faction success tokens

25 Hastur Faction success tokens

25 Yog-Sothoth Faction success tokens

25 Sub-Niggurath Faction success tokens

I can ship anywhere. If you win one or several auctions and want me to ship somewhere overseas or want me to combine shipping, I'd be happy to do either. Just don't pay immediately and send me your address. I'll figure out what it costs and send you a final invoice. Thanks for the interest!

Wow! Thank you everyone for the interest in my cards! It's (obviously nice for me, but also) really great to see that there's still such a strong interest and following for this great game!

I'm just finishing up the invoicing/shipping on the round 1 auctions and I've listed the final values on the auctions below.

I'll be posting round 2 of the auctions tomorrow (I realized that trying to post them while the other auctions were finishing was too confusing, so they'll all be 5-day, Tuesday to Sunday auctions)! Thanks again and if you won one or several auctions, I hope you love your cards/tokens/stone domains/etc.!

Sold:
Yithian Deck (sealed): $227.51
Miscatonic Stone Domain: $27
Syndicate Stone Domain: $18.19
Miscatonic Faction Tokens: $17.79
Syndicate Faction Tokens: $26.29
Shub Faction Tokens: $23.59
Unspeakable Tales complete set: $52
Forbidden Relics complete set (except R41): $52
Agency Faction Tokens: $20.62
Cthulhu Faction Tokens: $21.62
Hastur Faction Tokens: $22.72
Yog Faction Tokens: $23.12
Asylum Pack III complete set: $19.16
Asylum Pack II complete set: $19.38
Asylum Pack I complete set: $21.61
Arkham Edition Premium Starer Exclusives: $10.50
Masks of Nyarlathotep complete set: $20.51
Eldritch Edition complete set: $31
Arkham Edition Promos complete set: $66.01
Eldritch Edition Promos (1-9, 12-15): $32
Forgotten Cities complete set: $18.27

Round 2 (subject to change, to be posted tomorrow):
Yithian Deck M/NM/Never-been-played (unsealed)
Faction Tokens for each faction EXCEPT Syndicate
A collectible Card Tin with promos in it
50 Pack FFG card sleeves w/Cthulhu image
Twilight Horror Asylum Pack LCG
Asylum Packs I-III (CCG) complete sets x1
EE Promos 1-16 EXCEPT 4, 6, 8, 10, 11
AE Promos 1-13 EXCEPT 11, 13
AE Premium Starter Exclusives
Tales, Masks, Cities, EE, AE complete sets x1
Forbidden Relics sets/lots
Miscatonic Stone Domain
Syndicate Stone Domain (w/crack in it)

Thanks again for all the interest and support!

Here's the auctions round 2 round-up:

The Yithian Deck sat on $11.50 until 40 seconds before the end of the auction and then jumped to $159.79 in a snipe-war. Since three people bid over $200 on the last Yithian Deck, I'd say someone got a hell of a deal!

The Miscatonic Stone domain got $25, which is fair. I will miss those stone domains. They were really awesome.

Card sets fluctuated, selling in the range of $20 to $50. That's about like last time, though this time it was different sets fetching the higher prices. Relics seem to be in high demand always.

Tokens all hit $15-25.

And here's the "probably" list for next week's auctions (they'll go up on Tuesday, 7/31 at about 6pm Eastern Time and stay up through Sunday 8/5):

LAST Yithian Deck (Mint/Near Mint, Unsealed)
Agency Tokens x25
Miscatonic Tokens x25
Cthulhu Tokens x25
LAST Hastur Tokens x25
Yog Tokens x25
Shub Tokens x25
Card Coffin Collector's Tin w/promos inside (Sealed)
Twilight Horror Asylum Pack LCG (Sealed)
Conspiracies of Chaos (AP III) Complete Set x1
Kingsport Dreams (AP II) Complete Set x1
Spawn of Madness (AP I) Complete Set x1
Eldritch Edition Promos 1, 3, 5, 9, 12-16
Arkham Ed Promos 1-3, 5-8, 12
Arkham Ed Premium Starter Exclusives (10 cards) x1
Unspeakable Tales complete set x1 EXCEPT 15, 71, 126, 145
Forgotten Cities complete set x1 EXCEPT 2, 45
Masks of Nyarlathotep complete set x1 EXCEPT 48, 55, 104
Eldritch Ed complete set x1 EXCEPT 41, 60, 70, 73, 234
Arkham Ed complete set x1 EXCEPT 65, 75, 79, 98, 109, 115, 158, 164, 173, 200
Relics Rare Lot (16 Cards)
Relics Common complete set x3 EXCEPT 2x 140
Relics Uncoomon complete set x1 EXCEPT 123

Thanks for the interest and congratulations to everyone who's won auctions so far! If anyone has any questions, post them here or email me ([email protected])!

Heads up: the next round of auctions is online! I've got to run right now, but I'll post the auction links here soon!

Round 4 of my auctions ended yesterday and I'm in the process of mailing out the last few items right now! I've got one more round of auctions to go and then I need a break! That said, I'm trying to pack everything worth anything into this round since IT WILL BE MY LAST SET OF AUCTIONS FOR AT LEAST A WEEK OR THREE (or four or five, depending on how good it feels not to spend all day Monday and Tuesday running back and forth to the post office)!

Here's the last set of auctions (and some bonuses I'm throwing in to try to get rid of all the non-card stuff I own):

1. Conspiracies of Chaos Asylum Pack III (sealed)
2. Masks of Nyarlathotep Booster Box (sealed--36 packs)
3. Eldritch Edition Booster Box (sealed--36 packs)
4. Unspeakable Tales Booster Box (sealed--36 packs)
5. 25 Arkham Edition Booster Packs (sealed)

IF someone wins all five sealed product auctions, I will be able to ship them in a flat-rate box and I'll throw in a second Conspiracies of Chaos sealed Asylum Pack, an artist's proof of one of the Conspiracies of Chaos card's artwork, a set of 12 Eldritch Edition Promo Cards (3 copies of 12, 14, 15, and 16), and a large rule book from the Arkham Edition Premium Starter.

6. Agency Tokens x25
7. My LAST Miscatonic Tokens x25
8. Cthulhu Tokens x25
9. Yog-Sothoth Tokens x25

IF someone wins all four token auctions, I will throw in an empty Card Coffin collector's tin.

10. HUGE Rare/Promo LOT: No more than 3 copies of any given card.
81 Arkham Ed Rares, 80 Tales Rares, 1 Relics Rare, 110 Eldritch Rares,
66 Masks Rares, 68 Cities Rares, 6 Arkham Ed Promos, 12 Eldritch Ed Promos,
1 Arkham Ed Premium Starter Exclusive, 5 Eldritch Ed Premium Starter Exclusives
11. HUGE Uncommon and Common LOT: No more than 3 of any card.
3x Arkham Unc EXCEPT 4, 3x Arkham Com, 3x Tales Unc EXCEPT 2, 3x Tales Com,
1x Relics Unc EXCEPT 13, 21 more Relics Uncs, 3x Relics Com EXCEPT 6,
3x Eldritch Unc, 3x Eldritch Com, 3x Masks Unc, 3x Masks Com, 3x Cities Unc,
3x Cities Com, 3x Spawn of Madness (Asylum Pack I) Odds/"Commons",
3x Kingsport Dreams (AP II) Evens/"Commons", Arkham Ed Premium Starter "Commons",
3x Conspiracies of Chaos (AP III) Odds/"Commons", Eldritch Premium "Commons"

IF someone wins both card auctions, I'll be able to ship flat rate so I'll throw in an Empty Card Coffin, AE and EE Premium Starter Rule Books, these two poster/rulebook/playmat things I have, an artist's proof of one of the Conspiracies card's art, and a bag of all the tokens that I found in the back of my collection that don't fit into the packs of 25 (it's 11 Miscatonic, 19 Syndicate, 22 Cthulhu, 13 Hastur, and 25 Yog).

IF someone is crazy enough to win all 11 of my auctions, I'll also throw in the tokens I was planning on keeping for myself, which is a single token of each faction with the little packaging sticker peeled off the front AND my 10 green plastic tokens which have the terror symbol on one side and say "Call of Cthulhu LCG Gen Con League 2009" on the other.

If nobody wins any of the extra stuff, I'll just auction it someday (though, like I said, it won't be for at least a few weeks).

Hoping to clear a persistent "new post" tag by adding to the thread.